4:50 am - 11/14/2012
BLIND ITEMS TIME!
1. With Super Junior's leader Leeteuk and Mighty Mouth's Sangchu recently enlisting as active duty soldiers, it's heard that they're inspiring many young idols to do the same. One singer who recently completed his service and was discharged hinted, "Idol members that are planning to enlist next year or the year after that are all showing determination to enlist as active duty soldiers. They feel that it will benefit their career in the long run and also put their conscience at ease." Another industry insider revealed, "The public tends to view public service unfavorably so all of the idols seem to agree that it's better to enlist as active duty."
2. The drama 'Faith' has come under fire for failing to pay their cast and staff on time. The producers and SBS have already stated that they will pay them in order as soon as possible. Unfortunately, another producer who was on the chopping block last year for purposely avoiding paying his staff and cast has landed a drama slot next year, earning some disgruntled remarks from industry insiders. "This is a serious problem in the industry where even someone that has purposely avoided paying people what they've earned is able to continue producing dramas."
4. Idol group member A who is currently promoting in Japan has been rumored to be dating a daughter of an extremely wealthy family. One insider hinted, "Her family is known to be very powerful in Japan. Anyone will know her last name upon hearing it." A hasn't had any restrictions on having relationships in Japan and has been dating freely so far, but now that more about her background is known, many are curious as to whether he will settle down with her permanently.
5. Female celebrity B is having a hard time coming to terms with her dwindling fame. Although she was once a popular figure just 10 years ago, she's no longer the top name now that she's in her 30s. Unfortunately, she refuses to accept reality and is causing havoc with every contract she enters into, demanding higher guarantee fees and more pay for her work. Her managers are quick to complain about working with her, as even when they land her a job after much struggle, she says back to them, "This is all you can get me, don't you know who I am?"
6. Female celebrity C is feeling the effects of society's double standards due to some information about her private life coming to the public. Because of her newly discovered past, not one CF, movie, or drama has offered to cast her. If she had been a male star, we're sure that society would have forgiven her and moved on, but because she's female, her past will forever remain as the shackles to her career.
7. Female actress D recently had her contract expire with her agency and has been out in the market for quite a while. Just hearing D's name alone, we're sure many agencies would be drooling to contract with her, but as it turns out, D has a drinking problem that has caused her to miss scheduled activities several times. Because of this problem, many of the agencies are shaking their heads and turning away.
» Netizen Buzz » Entertainment Radar 01 » Entertainment Radar 02