Mod Post: Sourcing, Posting, Membership.12:19 pm - 09/03/2009
This post will discuss how to source properly, posting criteria, and membership.
1. When sourcing individual Youtube videos or videos uploaded by different users link to the direct url of the video. [Example].
2. Multiple videos, such as episodes or concerts, can be sourced by linking to the profile page of the user as long as they are all from that channel. [Example]
b. Forums and Websites
1. When crediting forums (Soompi, Soshified, etc) link back to the original article, the thread the translation is from, and who the translator is. [Example: 1, 2]
2. All websites (ex: Sookyeong & Drama Beans) must be sourced by linking to the direct url of the entry containing the article/information. [Example]
3. Lastly, title your link with the name of the website or forum the information came from. [Example]
II. Posting Criteria
a. The rules in this post and the profile still apply. Twitter and me2day updates, radio transcripts, UFO replies and other things that pertain more to fandom specific communities will be accepted or rejected on a case by case basis. Chances are it will be rejected if it isn't newsworthy, funny, or interesting. If your entry does get rejected it is not a personal vendetta the mods have against you or the group. If you think a submission was unfairly rejected directly contact a mod through pm or email@example.com with your concerns.
b. If your entry gets rejected and you see it posted later on, don't be surprised. There are 9 different mods who don't always agree with each other, so which posts get accepted/rejected depend on who's available at the time. We try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible and try to be on the same page with our members, but sometimes things just get out of hand. However, if your entry has been rejected once don't repeatedly resubmit hoping another mod will approve it. More detailed information can be found here.
c. All news posts are to be public. To ensure that all posts stay public please go to the profile and select the post option from there so any journal settings, such as default privacy or comment settings, don't affect your submission in Omona. A link has been added in the sidebar for easy access.
a. Membership is now closed and will reopen sometime in October with updated rules for membership. In the meantime, any questions regarding membership go here or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I know it seems like a lot of rules but we're just trying to make things run as smooth as possible for both us and the members. As always, feel free to ask questions if you need something to be clarified.