Things that were brought up:
1. The differences between multiethnic, multiracial, mixed heritage, multicultural
2. Ethnic Korean, "one blood"
3. Brief history of Amerasians, which is very important in adding to Korea's multiculturalism
4. History of immigration to Korea
5. Southeast Asian women who become mail order brides to South Korean men
6. How multiethnic and multiracial children fare in the education system (the little Psy got hate because he's half Vietnamese)
7. Xenophobia, racism and other attitudes towards foreigners
8. Expanding the definition of Korean identity as the population is becoming more diverse. (America needs to expand on what American identity is too, I feel like ethnic groups talk about it a lot but we don't all come together and talk about our shared identity hmmph but anyway)
9. Are Koreans proactive in accepting multiculturalism?
AL JAZEERA ENGLISH shoutout to pivotandsway for showing this to me
We probably won't get to see the effects of multiculturalism until this new generation of mixed heritage children gets older. Watch the video! Are you mixed heritage/multiethnic/multiracial? What are your thoughts? Whip out your annotated bibliography, scholarly journal articles (jk) and discuss.