Source: Korea Ilbo via Naver
A 19 year old woman was raped by three people at a night club, one man a 33 year old level 7 civil servant. Four hours after the rape occurred, she reported the case to a sexual assault support center and underwent police investigation.
During the investigations, a police asked A, "How long did the penises of your assailants measure?" A replied that they were small, and the police asked again, "Please tell us in the exact cm how long they were." A was taken aback at the question and paused for a while before answering, "About the size of a palm."
The recording was used as evidence in court. A's lawyers argued that the police had attacked her with intrusive questions, while the assailant's lawyer argued that "Because the victim was not able to say the exact measurement in girth or length of their penis size, the victim is lying as her story lacks any truth."
Judge ruled that it is impossible to expect the victim to remember the size and charged the three men with gang rape, sentencing them to prison ranging from 8 months to 3 years.
1. [+395, -12] I want to ask the police... Do they take out a ruler and measure the penis before they proceed with intercourse?
2. [+368, -13] They were charged with gang rape and only received prison sentences from 8 months to 3 years... A swear is coming out of my mouth. The bare minimum should be 30 years... All of the judges have rocks for brains
3. [+356, -13] That civil servant is an idiot. He didn't even think of seducing her out of the night club. How much of a loser is he that he had to just rape her there? Seems like he was drunk off of desperation... Too much of a loser to properly seduce a girl, too much of a loser for any normal girl to even consider him. Now that he'll be fired from his job, he'll be unemployed at age 30 with no sense of respect and a small penis. What a life.
4. [+299, -13] 8 months to 3 years ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 8 month ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The judges seem to think rape is about as bad as punching someone... but to the victim, it is basically murdering them on an emotional and psychological level.
5. [+261, -13] I can't even imagine how hard it was for the victim to have to recount what had happened as it was... How could they have even expected her to look at their penises and measure it in the midst of what was happening? I heard victims will normally ask to be investigated by a female police because of the embarrassment they feel but how could a fellow woman do this to her?
Article: Man sentenced to 5 years in prison for the repeated rape of a mentally handicapped woman
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
38 year old man was given a 5 year prison sentence for the habitual sexual assault of a mentally handicapped 15 year old, who he met on an internet chatting site. He force fed her alcohol and then sexually assaulted her.
The court ordered an additional 80 hours of counseling, his personal information be available in public records for 5 years, and that he wear an electronic anklet for 10 years.
The same man has history of receiving a 1 year prison sentence and 2 years of probation for committing a "quasi-indecent act by compulsion" (anyone know wtf this means?) against a 19 year old mentally handicapped woman prior to this case.
1. [+120, 4] Repeated sexual assault and he was only sentenced to 5 years???? Could the judge have made the same decision if it was his daughter in question... What a joke
2. [+96, -3] I heard in other countries, people are sentenced to 15 years for child abuse. Sexual assault gets 5 years? Sexual assault against a mentally handicapped woman? Are you kidding me?
3. [+38, -3] The judge seems to be mentally handicapped himself
4. [+11, -2] A repeat offender... against a minor... mentally handicapped women... He obviously never learned what he did wrong and yet they only gave him 5 years? Do they think these lives are some kind of joke? Even as a man, I'm enraged, I can't even imagine how women feel. 500 years or death, anything less than that is not enough...
"If the judge hadn't given him such a light sentence to begin with, who knows whether he would've been back out and committing the same crime again? It's because they hand out stupid sentences like these that the victim remains the victim in the end. Five years later, that man will be back out repeating the same crimes again."