On the afternoon of the 24th, his new law firm, Pureumae, announced that their client would not be attending the scheduled police interrogation session, due to be held later today. “Actor Park Si Hoo, due to circumstances, will not be going to the interrogation that had been scheduled for 7 PM today,” the firm stated.
“This afternoon, Mr. Park Si Hoo has named us as the defense lawyers for his case. We are planning on mounting a stronger defense than before and going on the offensive,” they said.
“According to the regulations behind the transfer of a prosecution case and its investigation, we have decided that this case, currently under investigation at the Gwangju Seobu Police Station, would be better served at the Gangnam Police Station. Today, we have filed paperwork asking for a transfer,” they said.
“Due to the circumstances and due process surrounding the above move, our client could not attend the interrogation session scheduled for today. We apologize and ask that people refrain from speculation,” Pureumae concluded.
“Park Si Hoo pledges to go forward with full and honest cooperation with the police, and this law firm will do everything in our power to defend the actor and his pride. We will update the public on any further developments after consultation with our client.”
Before today’s sudden change, Park Si Hoo had been represented by lawyer Lee Duk Min, who had specialized in celebrity cases.
Park Shi Hoo was originally scheduled to go in for investigation last night (24th) but about 100 minutes before he was to go in, he released a press statement saying he would be postponing it in order to transfer the case from the Seobu police station to the Gangnam police station because "he didn't like the way the police were handling the case."
The police have released a statement in response saying they will not be accepting his transfer application. They have instead summoned him once again for the 25th.
Park Shi Hoo's original lawyer was also said to be female but she left the case and Park Shi Hoo replaced her with a male lawyer.
1. [+677, -46] He was the one that said he'd be complying with everything asked of him for the investigations, but obviously he's got something fishy going on that he's pulling out like this. I really hope the truth gets out.
2. [+674, -93] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Wow, I really wanted to believe him until the end but.... He's just utter, utter trash. Don't ever think of coming out on TV again. You disgusting rapist.
3. [+661, -98] Park Shi Hoo you trashy ba$tard. Take the punishment for your crime. Who are you to think you can weasel your way out of this? You don't have the brains for it so don't even try.
4. [+212, -10] It's so obvious what he's trying to do. The case is already under investigation and he's trying to transfer it to Gangnam? And he changes his lawyer on top of that? Maybe the law firm he teamed up with has lobbying power with the Gangnam station.
5. [+161, -6] Hwa Woo is one of Korea's top 6 law firms and they're known for even turning criminals into innocent lambs in the face of the law. If even Hwa Woo doesn't know what they're doing with this case, it's game over for Park Shi Hoo.
Sources: allkpop , star news via nate netizenbuzz sportschosun
I just can't help thinking that he is doing this on purpose.
Thanks to ceecile for the netizenbuzz article.