4minute’s Hyuna became the first K-Pop artist to cover British fashion magazine POP.
POP is a British fashion magazine that aims to portray fashion as art. Other celebrities that have made the covers include Madonna, Britney Spears, Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham and Jennifer Lopez, all big icons in the celebrity and fashion world.
The editor-in-chief Ashley Heath explained that her choice by saying that Hyuna became a K-Pop icon thanks to her appearance in Psy′s Gangnam Style music video.
Hyuna has been steadily making her name known globally, with her singles Bubble Pop and Ice Cream, as well as her work with international star, Psy.
Hyuna, first ever cover model for England's fashion magazine... "Korea's pop icon" praise
1. [+254, -76] As big as Hyuna’s influence in K-Pop is, I think we should be supporting her instead of hating on her. If you look at it objectively, she’s a Korean who has worked hard and is now out in foreign countries spreading awareness about our culture. She’s come away with great results and I think we need to change our perception of her. Hyuna fighting!!!
2. [+363, -105] Has Hyuna done drugs? Hit someone with a car and run away? Why does Hyuna get all this hate for no reason?
3. [+343, -112] Already doing better than the Wonder Girls
4. [+38, -11] I’m a girl and I like Hyuna
5. [+33, -4] Daebak ㅋㅋ Shouldn’t things like this receive praise? Why the hate?
6. [+20, -3] Good thing Hyuna left the Wonder Girls
7. [+14, -4] The logic of orcs. Our oppas have done drugs, drunk driving, hit and runs, assault, and rape, but it’s okay because they’re handsome. Hyuna’s a crazy b*ch because she’s pretty and has an erotic gaze~!
8. [+11, -1] Hyuna’s pretty and is always working hard so I don’t know why people are always up on her case. If you don’t want to see her, don’t click on the article.
Source: Global Mnet, TV Daily via Nate, Netizen Buzz