SISTAR opened their solo concert 'S' at Olympic Hall, Seoul on the 12th with their latest hit song, "Give It To Me", "Girl Do It", and "Push Push". The girls also performed special stages including Hyorin and Soyu's inspiring cover of Rihanna's "Diamonds". Hyorin and Bora also came together as SISTAR19 to perform "Ma Boy" and "Gone Not Around Any Longer".
Bora also showcased her rapping skills to Lee Hyori's "Miss Korea", Soyu let her vocal chops loose in Rihanna's "We Found Love", Dasom soothed fans with her gentle charms through her cover of Corinne Bailey Rae's "Like A Star", and Hyorin sang her role model Beyonce's "End of Time". K.Will and Baek Ji Young also made special guest appearances to show their support.
Soyu shared, "I was nervous because this is our 2nd concert. I was so excited that I didn't know what I was doing on stage. It was an overwhelmingly happy concert. I want to hold more concerts in the future." Bora shared, "I had fun writing my own rap lyrics and re-arranging songs for our solo stages. I was really excited to see the audience having fun during our special stages."
Dasom also defined the title of their concert, "Like the letter 'S' which stands for sexy, swag, special, and more, we want to show a sexy, cute, and charismatic image." The 'S' also stands for SISTAR, of course!
Article: 'Concert' SISTAR captivates 4,000 people with their charms
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+418, -37] SISTAR has daebak digital and brand power but it's so upsetting that they don't have a fandom ㅠㅠ
2. [+360, -65] There were a lot of empty seats ㅋㅋ and free ticket giveaways too.. I think less than 2,000 people actually paid for their tickets
3. [+268, -28] The concert hall doesn't even hold 4,000 seats... and the concert didn't even sell out, so how exactly did they captivate 4,000 people?
4. [+125, -23] I'm truly confused as to whether this group is really popular or not
5. [+109, -8] The reason SISTAR will never be able to make it to the top is because they have the public recognition that they need but an extremely weak fandom... They need fandom power for physical sales, which they don't have.
6. [+97, -11] SISTAR has such a small fandom compared to the public recognition they've achieved
Article: '4 years into debut', the reason SISTAR is chosen as the best girl group
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+660, -123] Korea's best girl group...?
2. [+555, -107] Who're you calling Korea's best girl groupㅡㅡ
3. [+496, -95] The title's meant to make us laugh, right?
4. [+72, -22] What a lie ㅋㅋ Never advanced overseas, sajaegis in the domestic market, has no physical sales, has no fandom...
5. [+64, -22] Isn't the one top right now Soshi?
6. [+57, -17] Korea's best girl group is not SISTAR but SNSD... No matter how much popularity SISTAR achieves, they have a long way to go if they want to catch up with SNSD.
source: allkpop, netizenbuzz