Article: SHINee Jonghyun criticizes, "Does the government have any intention of solving the issue of comfort women?"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
His closing comment on his MBC FM4U radio, "Every year on March 1st, I think of our grandmothers who were forced into sex slavery by the Japanese soldiers. Nevermind the attitude of the Japanese government, I'm curious as to whether our government has any intention of solving this issue. I heard that there are about 55 remaining survivors and I wonder if we will be able to see them smiling brightly before they pass."
1. [+891, -114] I wonder if this will effect SHINee's Japanese promotions... either way, you are now hyung's national idol...
2. [+719, -129] Yoo Ah In would always go around on TV shows and SNS making these kinds of respectful statements but he ended up going the route of a celebrity police.. ㅋㅋ Jonghyun-ah, don't ever do that.. You live your life as amazingly as you are now ㅋ
3. [+501, -101] This makes me worried because SHINee is popular in Japan.
4. [+61, -17] Weird how no celebrity is talking about the Shinan salt water incident...
5. [+40, -5] He's trying to act like an enlightened citizen... when all you have to do is watch the news to see how much the government is doing for the comfort women. Jo Yoon Sun is raising awareness overseas and discussions are taking place with the UN. Instead, just because he doesn't know any of this, he acts as if the government is doing nothing.. ㅋㅋ A brainless clown.
6. [+40, -9] I don't think this is the right way to raise awareness. He should've just asked people to take an interest in the issue... why can he not say a word to the Japanese and instead he is criticizing the Korean government?
7. [+36, -4] What matters if he's got a smartphone when he doesn't watch any of the news, this fool tsk tsk tsk. Does he not know that our minister is raising awareness in UN discussions and everything else that is being done? Why criticize the government without checking what they are doing first? I don't like Park Geun Hye's government either but please deal with the facts before criticizing the government.
8. [+33, -6] Jonghyun-ah, do you not read the news??? Minister Yoon Byung Se mentioned the issue at the UN discussions today, the first to ever happen in history by a government. You think sitting there and criticizing the government will do anything?
9. [+25, -0] This article alone shows that our minister today talked about the issue. Don't run your mouth when you don't know anything. You're the one that will be saying arigato arigato when the Japanese fans show they like you while collecting their money.
10. [+22, -8] So what have you done for the comfort women except run your mouth?