4:00 pm - 04/01/2014
Hyoyeon Being Bullied By SNSD Members?
So, it was confirmed that the SNSD member who was reported to the police was Hyoyeon, and that the guy who reported her was (apparently) her boyfriend. Only problem is... There are now reports circulating that Hyoyeon is being bullied by SNSD, and that's why she was talking about committing suicide, or that it was her boyfriend's fault. There was an article written about a "daebak incident" a while back that alleged that she was being bullied by the other members, but nothing really came of it until now. There are also rumours that the member in question was not Hyoyeon, but Taeyeon (and SM is using Hyoyeon as a scapegoat). It's important to note, though, that one of the people claiming she's bullied got the information from "a friend’s sister’s friend’s father".
1. [+1,502, -55] How far does a joke have to go for it to be reported???
2. [+1,317, -81] Do they expect us to believe this
3. [+1,052, -68] So it was her
4. [+179, -23] The first version of the article already called him her boyfriend ㅋㅋㅋ and later edited to friend ㅋㅋ SM, what're you doing? Are you making up lies now? And who in their right mind jokes about jumping off the second floor?
5. [+108, -9] I bet SM has a lot more controversial things going on inside than T-ara and IU... just that SM's good at blocking them from getting out.
6. [+105, -5] How can they call something that was reported to the police 'just an incident'? Obviously her boyfriend's the thug type and they were in a physical fight before he lost his temper and just went to the police... or like the other rumors say, Hyoyeon was trying to commit suicide and he was trying to make her stop. I can't believe SM thinks they can get away with a clarification like that. At least make up a story, then.
7. [+101, -15] There's another article saying there are rumors of Hyoyeon trying to commit suicide because she's being bullied by SNSD.
8. [+97, -13] SM's story doesn't make sense. Hyoyeon's being bullied in SNSD and she tried to commit suicide by jumping off the second floor before getting caught by her boyfriend. Netizens know this rumor... how can SM think they can cover it up as just an incident?
9. [+86, -15] Hyoyeon's the wrong one in this. She scared her boyfriend into thinking she was going to commit suicide and jump off but he tried to hold her back and got his eye hit in the process... Imagine him finding out later that it was just a joke.
10. [+82, -13] So was that rumor, right? That she tried to commit suicide because she's being bullied? Then this is worse than T-ara
11. [+81, -2] The man reported it to the police because she tried to commit suicide
1. [+7,510, -353] Hyoyeon's dating ㅋ I bet all of the members are
2. [+4,925, -120] So it was Hyoyeon? ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+4,456, -110] Hul... so it wasn't a prank?
4. [+3,774, -301] I guess they're just coming out with the name in case it affects the other members... I bet they would've kept quiet if it was Yoona but I guess they don't see any point in protecting Hyoyeon and are just throwing her name out there.
5. [+3,662, -221] I doubt SM would've let the media know which member it was if it was anybody else but Hyoyeon... Poor Hyoyeon...
6. [+2,369, -269] If you naver "Hyoyeon daebak incident", you'll see a post written yesterday by someone whose father works at the police station. According to him, Hyoyeon was being bullied in SNSD and tried to commit suicide but the man (whether or not he's her boyfriend is unknown) tried to stop her. The post was written way before any articles about it broke out.
7. [+1,827, -42] There's obviously more to the story that they're no telling us ㅋㅋㅋ what kind of idiot would report someone to the police for being hit in the eye? The article's obviously watering down the actual case... can't trust the media
1. [+2060, -113] Ahhh so it was Hyoyeon. Everyone was saying that member was Taeyeon.
2. [+1912, -114] So Hyoyeon is also datingㅋ All of the SoShi members must all be dating.
3. [+1408, -37] It was Hyoyeon?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+1192, -41] Heol… it was real??
5. [+1033, -68] Hyo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+647, -98] By any chance, did they just use Hyoyeon as a scapegoat and wrote her name to cover for another member?
7. [+623, -83] Hyoyeon, you weren’t the representative were you?
TN: Commenter here is implying that she maybe sacrificed to cover for someone else.
8. [+617, -111] Seems like they sent Hyoyeon as a representative because she was easy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sooman-ah, do things properly please.
9. [+556, -76] Why does it seem like she’s a scapegoat……?
10. [+515, -53] I guess only SM will know (the truth) if it was another member or not…. Poor Hyoyeon.
1. [+430, -29] If it were all fun and games, how can they report an accidental hit to the police?
2. [+407, -47] Can I really trust this?
3. [+342, -37] So it was you.
Sources: Netizenbuzz, http://MovieJoy, Nate, Netiz9n
To quote someone I saw on Tumblr... "Just how hard did she hit him?!"
What do you guys think? Personally I don't think Hyoyeon is bullied, she seems so close to Sooyoung, Jessica and Yuri. I've read other reports (in Korean) that say the article was over-sensationalized and that the guy who reported Hyoyeon has a reputation for being a bit... physically aggressive. (Side note: Hyoyeon's now the third most searched thing on Naver.) Netizens are also jumping on this because of the whole Leeteuk thing. The people who are blaming Hyoyeon for this, using this as an excuse to hate on her and making nasty comments just turn my stomach. :( )