Pann: Hyomin plagiarized Zico's song
List of plagiarized lyrics
Block B - Movie's Over [ The pain will subside but leave a deep scar ]
Hyomin - Dam [ So what if the pain subsides, it will leave a deep scar ]
Zico - Dead Leaves [ I think my emotions have grown callus, my heart feels stunned ]
Hyomin - Dam [ I think my emotions have grown callus, my heart feels stunned ]
Zico - Brilliant Is [ but failure gives you another chance, remember how to get back up ]
Hyomin - Dam [ but failure gives you another chance, remember how to get back up ]
Zico & Kyung (Harmonics) - God Answered Me [ The sunlight and its silence shining through my steel-barred window eases my loneliness ]
Hyomin - Dam [ The sunlight and its silence shining through my steel-barred window mixes in with my loneliness ]
Zico tweeted that he wrote two lines after sitting for five hours, how can she plagiarize something like that? And Jiho keeps saying he's sorry to his fans but fu*k, what is he sorry to us all the time for? It's not even his fault. He's just afraid we'll get upset and instead took a funny selca and talked about Block B's upcoming comeback...
Woo Taewoon-ssi, you may be Zico's brother but this can't be shielded. If you're going to clarify this, clarify it properly. Just because you received permission from your dongseng does not make it okay to plagiarize.
Hommage: 1. a public show of respect or honour towards someone or something (esp in the phrases pay or do homage to)
Since when did the defintion of this word become control c + control v?
1. [+160, -4] People seem to be misunderstanding, but the only name written for the lyricist is Hyomin herself. Woo Taewoon participated in the arrangement. And even though she said she received permission from Zico, a part of the lyrics use a line from Harmonics, which means Park Kyung wrote the lyrics during his underground days. I'm curious as to whether she received permission from him as well. It seems CCM, the agency of Taewoon (Zico's older brother), is trying to brush this under the rug and Block B doesn't want anything big happening before their comeback either but as someone who has been listening to Zico since his underground days, this is ridiculous. CCM's initial response to this basically told everyone that they were talking stupid and wasn't hearing properly.
2. [+154, -4] Not just one song but several different songs were copied ㅋㅋㅋㅋ How can she say she was the only one who wrote the lyrics when she copied that much? ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+141, -5] Should've said from the start that Zico wrote the lyrics, why make this any bigger than it needs to be? You called it your self composition ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+40, -2] Hyomin ran around saying at first that she wrote and composed the song all on her own but after the controversy came out, she starts saying, "Zico oppa helped a bit ㅜㅜ" shut up, you're hopeless.
5. [+36, -2] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even if Zico allowed it, what about Park Kyung's lyrics ;;; There is no mention of it. And even if Zico allowed it, why not give him credit for it?
Article: The line between plagiarism and hommage
Source: 10asia via Naver
1. [+9,595, -200] She was obviously going to sweep it under the rug if nobody mentioned it but now that Block B fans are rioting over it, she calls it an hommage? Even though I'm a fan of another fandom, I can see why the Block B fans are so pissed over her calling that her own work.
2. [+8,022, -165] I don't understand why Zico's the one apologizing..
3. [+6,524, -131] If she received permission, she should've mentioned Zico's name when she talked about being the song writer herself. She flat out copied several lines. I went back and read her interviews and she never mentioned Zico once. As for the music video... it's just straight up plagiarism.
4. [+4,686, -145] As if that b*tch has any shame over any of this
5. [+4,558, -389] Yeah, we all know Block B has good songs but why be shameless and copy all of it?
6. [+1,029, -10] Her calling it an hommage is just an excuse she came up with because she got caught
7. [+1,015, -20] Disgustingly cunning how she used lyrics from a mixtape that only a minority own