Segye Ilbo, the site that intially broke the news about Park Bom being a "drug smuggler", has published new information regarding the situation. Apparently the amphetamines that were shipped to Bom's grandmother were hidden in a box labeled "fruit", and buried underneath a layer of fruit snacks. When confronted by investigators, her grandmother said that her daughter (Bom's mother) had told her they were weight loss pills.
When a psychiatrist was asked about the situation, they said "Amphetamine suppresses appetite so because of this, those who sell narcotics will try to persuade buyers by telling them 'if you take this, you'll lose weight'. Due to its side effects, amphetamine is used for limited treatment purposes even in the U.S., it is not something that can be commonly taken."
1. [+856, -52] I honestly can't understand how anyone is shielding this
2. [+691, -48] I wonder how stupid fangirls and fanboys are going to shield this ㅋ
3. [+656, -47] Enough with the shields already
4. [+86, -6] Why disguise her treatment pills as snacks?... Enough with the shields...
5. [+84, -4] If she has a prescription for them, why not bring them in herself? Why make everything so suspicious if they're for treatment?
6. [+79, -3] I'm suspicious of one thing. If she sent it to her grandmother because she's busy along with her parents, why not just send it to YG's company building? I'm sure they would've taken it in for her.
7. [+65, -4] Yang CEO seems to have made things worse.. Should've stopped with the shields.
8. [+61, -3] I was going to shield her... since she could've had it delivered in any box... but the fact that she hid them in between jelly snacks... There's no way I can shield that, Bom-ah... It's disappointing.
9. [+57, -2] If this is true, YG's disgusting
10. [+55, -2] YG Yang Hyun Suk was too busy barking about it being prescribed from America but that was a lie...
Yang Hun Suk's explanation is also drawing skepticism from fans. Bom is currently listed as being 30 years old (or 31 in Korea). However, some netizens have noticed that Bom is listed as a "sophomore" in 1998, and as sophomores are usually around 15-16, suspicions have been raised that Bom might have been born earlier than 1984. As well, a training video has resurfaced that says that Bom was 25 on November 22, 2007, thus making her older than she is listed. Finally, there are apparently some other interviews saying that she first met Yang Hyun Suk in 2002 and started her training afterwards, thus making the timing and her age very different than the official story.
( Netizen CommentsCollapse )
Sources: Nate, Nate 2, NetizenBuzz