Girls′ Generation (SNSD) member Yoona is considering the lead role of the Korean Nodame Cantabile.
A source familiar with Nodame Cantabile productions said on July 7 that "it is true an offer was sent to Yoona."
The source added, "They held many meetings and talked about the affair. Yoona and the production company are both considering it."
KBS′ remake of Nodame Cantabile is based on a popular Japanese manga. The Japanese drama version aired in 2006.
Joo Won is currently confirmed as the male lead, as well as actor Baek Yoon Sik and Tiny G member Do Hee.
The drama will air in October.
[netizens!]1. [+665, -21] Anyone who's seen the Japanese version will know just how unfit this casting is..;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
2. [+527, -22] I mean... I'm not trying to hate on Yoona but the role calls for an average looking, dirty, pathetic, and psychotic type of woman and they put Yoona up for it???? It doesn't match ㅠ
3. [+530, -28] Fail... First of all, she can't act and unless she gains weight and isn't afraid to let herself go like Go Ara did for 'Reply', she won't match the role at all as she is right now.
4. [+79, -13] If they're going to give her the lead, make Yunho her casting partner. Don't stick her in with a bunch of other talented actors and turn the work into a piece of crap. Just put Yoona and Yunho together and make them make crap together!
5. [+57, -20] Did they cast this using their feet instead of their brains...
1. [+5,747, -172] Can we please knock this off, this has humanly gone on for long enough
2. [+5,123, -147] Fail...
3. [+4,578, -122] Crazy?? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+4,329, -116] Rename it to Korea's 'Hopeless Cantabile'...
5. [+3,952, -118] Nervous they're going to ruin the original
6. [+1,359, -88] Way to ruin the Joo Won casting with Yoona...
7. [+1,271, -39] None of the dramas Yoona's been cast in have been any fun
8. [+1,134, -36] I'll just stick to Japan's version...
9. [+1,132, -44] I was hoping it'd be Lee Hana but Yoona's so unfit for the role ㅎ Well, there goes a drama I was looking forward to
10. [+1,100, -32] Anyone smell that unerasable stench of failure...
Article: Yoona likely to be cast in 'Nodame Cantabile', "In balancing"
1. [+263, -7] So glad it hasn't been confirmed yet
2. [+211, -12] Because this is a remake, Yoona's not going to gain anything beneficial out of this because it won't compare to the original so I hope she doesn't go through with it.
3. [+151, -8] Do something else, wasn't she also in talks to be cast in the Secret Door ㅠㅠ Why suddenly Nodame...
4. [+33, -7] If Yoona's the lead, they need to change the title to 'Nohope' ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+31, -7] The producers are clearly out of their minds and don't care at all for the actual piece of work itself
Discussion over original 'Nodame Cantabile' producer requesting 100% identical casting to Ueno Juri
KBS Han Sung Woo PD, "Yoona is the likely cast for the female lead but we still need permission from the original producers. Because of that, we cannot confirm Yoona quite yet. The original producers want a 100% identical casting to Ueno Juri. We can't do anything if they say NO."
1. [+1,026, -8] Just don't do the drama at all, best choice there is ㅡㅡ
2. [+729, -14] Yoona has an innocent image, the role calls for someone who can pull off a psychotic role
3. [+595, -13] Truly a cup filled with poison
4. [+90, -5] How many dramas are they going to give Yoona only to have her fail... She seriously can't act ㅡㅡ
5. [+74, -6] Seems like this happened because Shim Eun Kyung-ssi gave up the role. Yoona as well shouldn't do it.
1. [+13,033, -154] Sorry but it's already hopeless for Korea
2. [+13,147, -450] I don't hate Yoona, it's just that her image doesn't fit. Shim Eun Kyung would've fit better.
3. [+11,142, -138] Korea will make a piece of failure that makes the original producer cry in regret
4. [+9,651, -109] Hopeless.. it doesn't match so please just keep it in discussion ㅜㅜㅜㅜ
5. [+2,422, -28] The fact that they are trying to cast Yoona for a role that calls for someone dirty, lazy, and perverted just shows that they're trying to export the drama overseas. If they cast Yoona, I 100% guarantee you this drama will fail.
6. [+2,122, -28] The original producer made a specific request clearly showing his/her devotion to the work and they go and cast Yoona? Are they just asking to pick a fight with them?
7. [+1,901, -26] I hope the original producer says no ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
source: mwave, netizenbuzz 1, 2, Starin via Nate, TV Daily via Nate, naver 1, 2, nate,
is there any korean remake of j-drama that didn't sucked? operation proposal was okay but they changed the plot a bit, throwing some makjang shit like memory loss