Members of the cast of the celebrity share-house reality show “Roommate” are receiving criticisms from viewers for their behaviors while driving.
On the 11th episode of the show aired on July 13, the roommates went on a vacation together, with Seo Kang Joon, Park Min Woo, Park Bom, Song Ga Yeon, and Hong Soo Hyun driving to the camping site.
While driving, Park Min Woo, who said that he could not sleep the previous night and was tired, started falling asleep while at the wheel, eventually drifting towards the guard rail. Seo Kang Joon noticed the drifting car and tried to wake up Park Min Woo.
Once alert, Park Min Woo turned the car, but it still swerved, causing Park Bom to shout out a swear word, which was bleeped out in the show.
The viewers are criticizing how Park Min Woo had to drive despite being in a bad condition, and how Seo Kang Joon was not wearing his seat belt while sitting in the passenger seat. Park Bom’s swearing is also receiving criticism.
'Roommate' is in danger with another controversy
SBS's variety show "Roommate" is in danger with another controversy and keep getting low ratings since first episode.
According to Nielson Korea, the viewer ratings of 'Roommate' latest episode broadcasted on the 13th was 4.9%, recorded its lowest rate that day, as decreasing 0.4% point. SBS's average ratings for the whole programs of "Good sunday" is 6.3%, far lower than KBS2 ‘Happy Sunday’(12.2%) and MBC ‘Sunday, Sunday Night’(9.1%).
This poor ratings result is caused by many controversies in ‘Roommate’. 2NE1 member Park Bom has recently got into her own "drug scandal" but her appearance was still aired without editing, making viewers angry. In the latest episode, 'Roommate' became the center of the controversy again as Park Min Woo fell asleep while driving car and nearly caused an accident. Another member Seo Kang Joon who sat in the passenger seat didn’t tie the seat belt. All of these problems made viewers turn their back on 'Roommate".
‘Roommate’ are facing its biggest crisis ever. What do you think about the future of this show?
Article: "Netizens are angry"... Park Bom swearing, Park Minwoo sleepy driving, Seo Kang Jun's seat belt controversies
Source: TV Report via Naver 
1. [+737, -10] Why are they keeping this show on air??? Until every single cast member is hated on??? Is the point of this show to make people hate the cast members~??
2. [+498, -18] ㅋㅋ Roommate is just turning everyone into hate targets
3. [+254, -3] Hul hopeless... Why are they drawing out the inevitable? Just take it off air
4. [+184, -3] Take it off air
5. [+178, -7] Could be a ploy by the producers to make the cast members get hate ㅋㅋ
Article: 'Roommate' Park Minwoo's sleepy driving, who is at fault?
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+14,658, -89] What were the producers thinking putting that on broadcast without edit?
2. [+12,161, -248] Producers are at fault
3. [+11,969, -851] The kid in the passenger seat isn't even wearing his seat belt
4. [+2,049, -35] I don't get why the producers didn't edit the scene...? They have to be crazy;;;
5. [+1,950, -34] Minwoo's certainly at fault, but he's not the only one
6. [+1,872, -27] The fact that the producers didn't edit it out means they wanted this controversy, even if it means they have to throw a member under the bus.
7. [+1,772, -26] The PD has balls putting that scene out without edit, especially with the safety concerns going around lately. Did he not think it'd be controversial?
sad when they had to resort to creating controversy just to promote the show
Sources: soompi, dkpopnews, netizenbuzz, naver 1 2