Shim Eun Kyung has been confirmed as the lead actress of the Korean version of the drama Nodame Cantabile (title undecided).
Group Eight, the production company, released an official statement on July 29 announcing Shim Eun Kyung’s cast in the drama. It has been reported that Shim Eun Kyung was the first actress to receive the casting offer for the role but had previously turned it down due to her movie schedules.
Due to the popularity of the original comic series of the same name, there′s been much attention focused on the casting for the role of ‘Nodame,’ with unconfirmed rumors sparking yet more interest.
However, many netizens have insisted that it is hard to find an actress who is more suited for the role of ‘Nodame’ other than Shim Eun Kyung and with the actress’s movie schedules now postponed, she has decided to take on the role.
Shim Eun Kyung said, “I enjoyed reading the original Nodame Cantabile comic book series and I’m personally a fan of Juri Ueno, who acted as ‘Nodame’ in the drama of the same name. I’ve always wanted to challenge myself in acting out a charming character like this, and I finally have the opportunity. I want to show you the most Nodame-like side of Shim Eun Kyung.”
Shim Eun Kyung will be acting as the quirky and genius pianist ‘Oh So Ri’ (Nodame) in the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile, acting opposite Joo Won, who will be acting as ‘Cha Yoo Jin.’
1. [+4,275, -192] A hundred, thousand times the better decision than Yoona
2. [+3,061, -107] I'll trust anything she chooses
3. [+2,010, -74] I'm so glad ㅠㅠ She was the best fit for the role anyway, fighting :)
4. [+1,932, -44] I'd rather believe official word from her agency or the producers than some "broadcast associate"...
5. [+223, -21] There's no reason for the producers to be so swayed by public opinion over a casting... It seems ever since they were burned by casting IU for 'Pretty Man' despite opposition from the public and suffered failure, they're really scoping out the public opinion.
6. [+185, -10] At least Shim Eun Kyung isn't guaranteed failure. The only Japanese remake that has succeeded in Korea is Boys Over Flowers.
7. [+203, -35] I can already imagine her in the role... ridiculous that Yoona was ever considered. The best thing netizens have done recently is outing her from the role..
8. [+171, -12] Shim Eun Kyung will not only live up to Ueno Juri's performance but completely reinterpret the original on her own.
source: mwave, netizenbuzz, naver