Netizens are furious at the top 3 broadcasting stations covering the Asian Games for cutting Big Bang’s closing performance segment.
Recently, Korea held the 17th Asian Games in Incheon, where athletes from multiple Asian countries competed in 36 sports. One of those most notable events of the Asian Games, though, are the Hallyu idol opening and closing performances.
As the games drew to a close, SISTAR, CNBLUE and Big Bang performed at the closing ceremony. However, to the surprise of many, Big Bang’s performances were cut by the 3 top broadcasting stations, KBS, MBC, and SBS.
Big Bang, as four, performed their previous hit songs, including “Fantastic Baby,” “Bad Boy,” and “Hands Up.” Unfortunately, Seungri wasn’t present, due to his weak health and high fever.
Many viewers commented how they had waited 3 hours for naught. Netizens were especially angry, as this was Big Bang’s first group stage performance since the release of their last album in 2012.
BIGBANG’s performance still aired across the continent, just not in South Korea.
Those who are interested can watch it here:
[OP note: the Youtube videos weren't available in all countries so I linked to the videos on Facebook.]
1. [+7,157, -569] I started waiting since 7... the three channels are hopeless ㅠㅠㅠ but I'll forgive MBC for Jang Bori ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
2. [+6,549, -1,026] Why wasn't there Big Bang... give me an explanation... I waited so long
3. [+4,989, -267] I think they cut them off because there were a lot of shows behind schedule because of the closing ceremony...
4. [+3,889, -317] Who said they'd perform at 11! They didn't!!!!
5. [+736, -61] I think Asia will remember this as the worst closing ceremony in AG history
6. [+720, -47] I mean... how could you cut off the closing ceremony of all things ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+713, -110] I wouldn't have even watched if not for Big Bang but they were cut off ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Talk about cancerous
8. [+592, -80] This could've been their first Korean stage in 2 years and 8 months!! But they f*cked us over!!!!!
Source: Koreaboo, MrSKpop 1|
Have any of your important broadcasts been cut off by the network, Omona?