The Girl’s Day members have found themselves on the receiving end of a wave of criticism following their behavior on their recent broadcast on AfreecaTV.
On the show, host Choi Kun proceeds with an interview and facilitates communication with the group via viewers’ comments. Girl’s Day, however, as pointed out by viewers, appears to often ignore Choi Kun, speaking amongst themselves and focusing more on the food that Choi Kun had bought for them. During and after the show, viewers also criticized Hyeri for responding informally to audience comments, as well as pointed out a “dumpling war” (at 33:27) that goes on between member Sojin and Choi Kun.
[click to read more]
Currently, Girl’s Day’s AfreecaTV episode has been deleted and is unavailable to view on the site. However, the video is quickly making its rounds via social networking sites.
Some comments left by viewers include “I feel bad for Choi Kun. He’s stuck in the corner and the show isn’t progressing at all,” “They’re just outright ignoring him..,” “I’m really disappointed in Girl’s Day,” “Why are they acting like that?”
You can watch the show below:
[Article from Netizenbuzz + comments]
Article: Girl's Day in controversy over attitude issues on 'Choikoon TV'... 'what happened'?
Source: Top Star News via Nate
Girl's Day guested on a popular internet stream with Choikoon TV and viewers were disgruntled with their attitude on the show for basically not reacting to anything and looking down on the show host and disrespecting him, ignoring questions that he asked and basically being aloof. Sojin was also singled out for behavior when she kept putting down a plate of mandu (caps here) next to the BJ saying the members don't eat mandu and he tried to make a skit out of it which she sighed at. Then she tried to feed him a piece of mandu and sighed/looked put off when her chopsticks touched his lips and promptly got a new pair of chopsticks.
The show's message board blew up and various community boards are filled with posts about it right now.
Some viewer accounts left on the message board:
"There are over 20,000 viewers on the broadcast right now and everyone in the chat is asking what's wrong with their attitude... Sure it may be an internet broadcast but their facial expressions look so rotten and they keep screaming and looking down on Choikoon.. Just an overall disappointment."
"Really disappointed in GIrl's Day today, especially Sojin and Hyeri... why did they bother coming on the show if they're going to be so glum about it? The atmosphere was tense and it was boring to watch. Why does Sojin nag and whine about so much? And I've never seen Hyeri be this lazy."
"Hyeri was so rude to the point where it made me wonder if she treats people differently according to their level. Girl's Day is going to get a lot of hate once people start making gifs of their attitude."
"I think everyone who was watching felt the vibe.. they were clearly looking down on Choikoon."
"F*cking Minah ㅋㅋ Looked at Choikoon like he was some bug and kept getting cocky with her tone when talking to him. And when Choikoon said that they hit daebak this time and asked Minah how old she was, she didn't even reply and made Choikoon ask for her attention again and she was like, 'I was too focused on this pizza'. Then Hyeri tapped her and Minah looked at him like, 'Just search it up yourself'. What is wrong with her? She looks down on him for being some nugu gagman ㅋㅋ Yura was the only one who was active on the show. Minah didn't even bother listening to him and didn't laugh or react to any of the conversations. Just ate her pizza and left."
1. [+2,639, -114] Only Yura was saved from this broadcast ㅋㅋ She was the only one struggling to give reactions ㅋ The other three were sitting there like "as if we care about some lowly guy" ㅋㅋ Especially Sojin auntie... for someone as mature as her, why would she act like that?
2. [+2,269, -97] Proved to me that this is why you shouldn't trust broadcast image. Everyone knew Seo In Young to be a bitch on TV but she actually turned out to be a soft hearted woman who cries for her fans in real life. And Girl's Day is known for being that cute and sweet idol group but they act like bitches in real life and look down on people for being internet broadcast hosts.
3. [+2,267, -99] They've always been like this, what do you expect
4. [+354, -23] Choikoon TV is more influential than most cable shows, I think Girl's Day went in with a misunderstanding. Ailee and Chaeyeon worked really hard the last time they were on this show and they're seniors.
5. [+334, -10] I seriously wanted to smack them while I was watching because they were acting so bitchy
6. [+297, -6] Minah was daebak... didn't even answer when he asked her age.. Sojin kept saying they didn't eat mandu ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even Seo In Young and Chaeyeon who are both their seniors worked super hard on this show... Choikoon's also their senior but they look down on him.. it was a struggle to watch.
7. [+283, -7] Hyeri's a mess. She talks back and the tone of her voice is just... this is not the Hyeri I've known.
8. [+230, -5] I heard that Girl's Day fans read the complaints on the message board and couldn't even bear to shield it and called GG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+199, -13] Looks like Sojin ajumma is just acting however she wants after showing her private area;;; so wear some spankies! It's embarrassing!
10. [+191, -5] I still find the mandu part so ridiculous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's the one who used her own chopsticks to feed him and then she creates a fuss about his lips touching it. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why is it okay for her saliva on her chopsticks to touch his lips then? She thinks she's cleaner than him???
11. [+184, -2] I liked Girl's Day but they're all trash aside from Yura after seeing this ㅋㅋㅋ Especially Hyeri and Sojin, totally looked down on him without a care..... Putting him down because they think it's just some lowly internet broadcast.. they wouldn't be acting like this if it was Yoo Jae Suk
[AfreecaTV’s Choi Kun Responds to Criticism of Girl’s Day’s Behavior on Broadcast]
Host of AfreecaTV Choi Kun has responded to controversy related to what has been perceived as Girl’s Day’s rude behavior on a recent broadcast for the show.
After the broadcast aired on July 7, the members of Girl’s Day were criticized by viewers and netizens for appearing to ignore Choi Kun and focusing more on the food that he bought for them than on the show.
On July 8, Choi Kun responded with a statement declaring that the criticism was based on misunderstandings, “There really were no issues on the set yesterday, and we had fun. After the broadcast, there was a lot of responses, and after rewatching it, I realize there were parts that may cause misunderstanding so I am writing to you now.”
He attributed the misunderstandings to his attempt to do something different with the broadcast and create a more casual and comfortable environment for the girls.
“I wanted to do a bit more internet broadcast-like, casual broadcast yesterday. I wasn’t satisfied when watching our usual broadcasts with girl groups because they were so standardized and formal. There were a lot of responses saying ‘What’s the difference between [AfreecaTV] and a TV broadcast’ so after a lot of contemplation, we decided to go for a more internet broadcast-like, casual broadcast which ended up becoming more realistic,” he said.
He also apologized for not dealing with the misunderstanding there and then as he wasn’t unaware of the criticisms that were being expressed on the show’s live chatroom during the broadcast, “After we went for realism, in my desire to get some laughs, I made up scenarios and [the girls and I] bickered. And while we see the [live] chatroom on set, I couldn’t pick up on certain parts [of viewer criticisms]. I should have dealt with them there and then, but I think I wasn’t seasoned enough to do so.”
“Afterwards, and as is evident in the photo we took together, I was on good rapport with Girl’s Day. After the broadcast, all the members worried, ‘Were we too casual’ and we even talked on the phone [about it]. I wish there were no big misunderstandings,” Choi Kun continues. “There were parts where things happened differently than my intentions, and since it’s a live broadcast there were parts that didn’t get filtered. The [Girl's Day] girls really made it fun. So I had fun.”
He emphasized, “I was never looked down on [during the broadcast] or anything like that. It was really a lot of fun,” and “There were parts that I didn’t expect, and since it was Girl’s Day’s first internet broadcast I wanted to make them comfortable. I hope my sincerity is communicated. I hope there will be no further misunderstandings.”
Article: Choikoon "Girl's Day was going for realism, please don't misunderstand" attitude controversy explanation
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+601, -33] Puahahaha ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why is he the one apologizing?
2. [+582, -40] Yura's the only one who survived... and the other members showed their true colors. You can't deny this if you saw the broadcast. They would have never acted like this on a public broadcast show with those facial expressions and those attitudes. They act according to who they're with.
3. [+533, -33] Choikoon's got such a big heart but why is he the one apologizing when they should be the ones
4. [+59, -4] Farewell Girl's Day
5. [+56, -3] Everyone just got hit by a bomb aside from Yura. Sojin's already got some nasty rumors going around her right now. Their agency must be a mess trying to put out the fire. Either way, they should be prepared for a drop in popularity and even ending up like T-ara...
1. [+730, -94] So they were getting comfortable and then obviously got too comfortable to the point where their true colors showed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ looking aloof for the entire one hour? Such acting geniuses!
2. [+642, -90] Sounds like a clarification that they're just putting out to bury the controversy as fast as possible... I was so uncomfortable watching this
3. [+535, -67] Anyone who's seen the broadcast will know that this was all kinds of wrong. They basically ignored him whenever he asked them questions, which is so off putting. Their true colors showed... Yura was the only normal one.
4. [+417, -38] Sounds like Girl's Day's agency is working with Choikoon to put out the fire as fast as they can but from the perspective of a viewer, it wasn't comfortable to watch...
5. [+383, -36] Even if they clarify this... their attitudes were beyond the point of clarification ㅠㅠ
Source: Soompi +1 insight name no naver & Netizenbuzz nate +1 instiz naver