"A lot of Asian girls love being basic because it’s safe"
"Girls in Asia are very obedient, shy, timid, quiet, but I can tell that it's changing"
"I feel like I have done enough for Asia and changed a lot of girls"
Source: The Fact via Nate
1. [+737, -264] As if being ugly wasn't enough, she causes controversies like this now
2. [+616, -191] Hmm.. that's quite arrogant of her to say. In our society, that's something normally said by someone with much more wisdom and experience.
3. [+617, -344] Isn't she right, though? Compared to western women, Asian women get shy a lot more easily and are quieter too... of course I'm not saying everyone's like that. And seeing as how it's a fashion magazine interview, maybe she was talking in the fashion sense. Asia's more sensitive to trends changing and how they look on the outside which is why I think she said that. And on top of that, it's an English interview, who knows if all of the nuances were translated properly. Just like how the word 'shy' is sometimes used to describe women who are a bit cute and more reserved.
4. [+93, -31] Her inside's just as ugly as her face
5. [+91, -22] It's so sad how her fans have to basically prove that they have no sense of self just to shield her. Yeah, CL's right, you're really nothing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ what did she even accomplish for her to be your role model? Are you grateful to her for putting up pictures of herself smoking on Instagram? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+59, -17] She also says in the interview that she has changed women in Asia ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What woman in Asia has ever been influenced by her. People have been more inspired by Kim Yuna.
7. [+48, -56] She's right, though? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+47, -15] She claims to have changed women in Asia, she's crazy ㅋㅋ she's some pathetic little idol rapper who thinks she's sooo important when in reality her fame comes from the fact that she's under a huge agency. And no one other than a manic fandom likes her.
9. [+40, -21] Just sounds like she's saying Asian women are more conservative and reserved than western women...
10. [+36, -9] So if she likes acting like an American so much, why does she bother living in Korea??? I seriously hate people who've visited or lived in America coming back to Korea and talking about America as if they're better and know it all... why live in Korea then?! Go live in America!
11. [+33, -6] CL as a role model? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ugh, please. She's delusional.
12. [+31, -7] Koreans can agree because it's true but I don't think it reflects well with westerners since they already have this negative image of Asian women being obedient.
13. [+29, -4] Who exactly is she saying she influenced to change? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
14. [+20, -7] People are all different... why is anyone agreeing with CL? I hate how idols all act like they're misunderstood artists nowadays. I don't know how much influence they think they're impacting society but CL needs to first of all stop with that "I'm devastatingly sexy" act she puts on.
15. [+17, -14] Isn't she right, though? There are cultural reasons for it but Japanese women are even moreso like that. What's so controversial about it since she even says that that's changing now anyway?
Source: Naver 
1. [+50, -6] I don't think she understands that she's Asian too ㅋㅋㅋ is this a self diss... seems she's become racist since advancing to America. Claiming that Asian women are obedient is a racist stereotype against Asians so for CL to make a racist statement like that right at the beginning of her advancement says a lot about the rest of her career ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She must think she's sooo enlightened to be having these thoughts, though.
2. [+45, -6] I wonder if she's forgotten that she used to media play her image in Korea as someone who's shy and reserved back in the day ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I really have no words for this interview
3. [+29, -3] I hate how she puts down all Asian girls for being shy and obedient and then puts herself up saying she's not all that, ugh ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+47, -8] She talks like she's the icon of this generation or something when she's nothing but a member of an idol group. Having confidence is good but she's reaching arrogant levels.
5. [+37, -3] "I feel like I have done enough for Asia and changed a lot of girls" This is the most hilarious part. She talks as if she created some kind of CL syndrome in Korea.
6. [+35, -3] Please stay in America forever...
7. [+26, -1] The idea that Asian women are obedient is one that came from western ideals... and here she is confirming their beliefs. And I don't know why CL thinks that's something she needs to change about our women who are like that.
8. [+22, -1] That's hilarious, she must think she's a westerner or something.
9. [+21, -1] As if westerners don't already have that racist stereotype against Asians already, there she goes and confirms it for them...
Source: Netizenbuzz, Nate, Naver1, Naver2