Kim Soo Hyun | So Ji Sub | Yoo Ah In
Hyun Bin Jo In Sung Lee Min Ho
Lee Seung Gi
60 million won 50 million won 10 million won
Song Joong Ki | Kim Woo Bin | Lee Joon
Lee Jong Suk Joo Won Yook Sungjae
Ji Chang Wook Park Hyung Shik
Curiosity rose for actors' pay after actresses' pay was released last month.
We've updated the ranks from highest paid actors to the lowest.
According to studies, the gap between actors and actresses isn't that large. In case of the actors, they are more highly paid as they have a strong fan base all over the world. The prices of actors continuously rise but the actresses fill in the gaps with fashion and beauty advertisements.
After actors make it big with dramas, they make more money off extracurricular events such as foreign fan meetings and such so they make extra profits.
Guys Kim Soo-hyun is the hottest actor no matter what these days. Everything he stars in has become a hit and he's creating history. He is on top of the list for casting and writers are even writing scenarios with him in mind to begin with. He was paid highest in "My Love from the Star". However, in "Producers" he didn't ask for more out of loyalty to writer Park Ji-eun.
Hyun Bin who came back with a drama after his military service is also a highly paid actor although his most recent work failed. He joined the Marines after "Secret Garden" and returned with "Hyde, Jekyll and I". He's known to have been paid 100 million won per episode with bonuses during this time.
Irreplaceable Hallyu King
Other top class actors are just about the same. Things don't change just because someone wasn't successful or successful. It all depends on how famous you are in the Hallyu world.
So Ji-sub starred in "Ghost - Drama" 2 years ago and was paid 80 million won per episode during "Master's Sun". He gets paid as much because he has his own color and pulls off every character to the best of his abilities.
The same goes for Jo In-Sung. He was paid the highest during "That Winter, the Wind Blows". S
Song Joong-ki from "Descendant of the Sun" was also paid a lot for his upright image and good looks.
Guys Kim Woo-bin, Lee Min-ho, Lee Jong-suk, Joo Won and Ji Chang-wook get paid according to their wishes. Agents want them on their team even if that means they have to pay them a blank cheque. Not only are they popular in Korea but other countries like China as well so they might have a few more '0's added to their paychecks.
However, they can't avoid the fact that they are going to have to pay their service to the country soon. They have to go within the next three years so they have a lot of work to do in expanding their identities.
Idols still have a long way to go Idol stars appear every now and then in dramas but they don't get treated well.
Hyung Sik from "The Heirs" only gets paid about 10 million per episode. Yook Seong-jae and Lee Joon are at about that line too. Why don't they get paid as much as their reputation? Apparently, if they can't lead the drama on their own like Suzy, then they won't get paid as much. Even the artists themselves don't ask for more as they have another job as singers.
Article: 2015 Male actors drama pay, recent version
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+1,512, -326] Lee Min Ho has been getting 100 million won since 'City Hunter'. I don't think the journalist did his research at all.
2. [+1,182, -255] I remember Lee Min Ho was listed as one of the celebrities who got 100 million won , and that was a few years ago. He's probably making the most ever right now so it makes no sense that he's still listed as 70 million won.
3. [+1,005, -318] Lee Min Ho has always been listed on TV as a star who gets more than 100 million won. The representative stars of the 100 million won bracket are Hyun Bin, Jang Dong Gun, Lee Min Ho, and Lee Young Ae. Why cut his credit? Lee Min Ho's probably the most expensive out of this list.
4. [+349, -132] This sounds like a lie, Yoo Ah In, Ji Chang Wook, and Kim Woo Bin earn way too much
5. [+215, -70] I hate lists like this because it's like you're judging these actors by money, and furthermore it's inaccurate
6. [+107, -24] Hyun Bin earns more than Jo In Sung and So Ji Sub? 'Secret' really must've inflated his bubble.
7. [+144, -62] I think Kim Soo Hyun earns every cent of it considering he has so many hits from dramas to movies as a one top lead. He's always been chosen by the public countless times for his influence.
8. [+90, -19] Lee Seung Gi gets 70 million won? Daebak... surprising
9. [+148, -79] Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Lee Seung Gi, and Lee Jong Suk have always had hit dramas so they deserve their pay
10. [+85, -19] Hyun Bin earns way more than he deserves... his two movies before his enlistment failed and then after his discharge he failed another drama and then you're telling me he earned 100 million won for 'Hyde'? When Jo In Sung gets 80 million won? That's insane
11. [+72, -11] I don't think Lee Seung Gi deserves that much
12. [+98, -38] Confused at Hyun Bin, Lee Seung Gi, Ji Chang Wook, and Park Hyung Shik
13. [+86, -26] Hyun Bin earns too much for his actual skill level. Ha Ji Won covered for him in 'Secret Garden'.
14. [+67, -9] Surprised that Kim Woo Bin, Joo Won, and Ji Chang Wook earn the same amount
So omona do you think the actresses x actors gain enough?
How come Hyun bin earns the double than Ha Ji Won (she has lots of hits no? and Hyun Bin isn't that great) #bitter
Sources: Hancinema via Isplus.live, Netizenbuzz