5:30 pm - 09/08/2015
Additional Designs By Yoon Eun Hye Accused of Plagiarism
The recent plagiarism controversy surrounding Yoon Eun Hye’s fashion designs — yes, designs, plural — doesn’t look like it’s going to let up anytime soon.
Previously, following an episode of the Chinese fashion design survival program “Goddess’ Fashion,” Yoon Eun Hye was called out by Korean designer Yoon Choon Ho, who expressed deep offense and bafflement at — what he perceives as — his stolen design, even posting a comparison photo for netizen scrutiny.
[click to read more]
Following Yoon Eun Hye’s initial response, in which she states that the frill location and shape are simply the current trend, and suggests that Yoon Choon Ho is merely is using her name for self-promotion, vice president Shin Jang Kyung of the Council of Fashion Designers of Korea (CFDK) also gave a statement on the issue, effectively drawing a line in the sand and taking a side.
Shin Jang Kyung stated to Star News on September 7, “Taking a designer’s work, work that can also be seen as the designer’s property, is unspeakable.” She said, “I heard the outfit mentioned in the accusations is one Yoon Eun Hye received from Yoon Choon Ho via sponsorship.” (Yoon Eun Hye previously denied this, saying that while she has received sponsored work from Yoon Choon Ho in the past, she has yet to receive anything from the designer’s fall-winter collection — as can be confirmed in official documents, Yoon Eun Hye said.) Regarding the question of copying, Shin Jang Kyung said in her interview, “It appears to be plagiarism.”
With this statement from the vice president of the CFDK, and general noise about the issue failing to die down, Yoon Eun Hye’s camp returned to speak to media to rehash points previously made, and answer some additional questions.
Regarding Yoon Eun Hye’s late response to the accusations, the actress’s camp said in an interview with Ilgan Sports that because the accusations were presented in Yoon Choon Ho’s personal online space (his Twitter), and because it wasn’t really plagiarism, they didn’t feel the need to respond. Moreover, “responding to every little thing might seem like an attack,” so they were hesitant to say anything.
When asked about the statement from the CFDK, Yoon Eun Hye’s side explained that the organization seems to believe the actress received the white outfit in question (pictured above) via sponsorship, and that as a result, her design “appears to be plagiarism.” They went on to say once again that they haven’t received anything from Yoon Choon Ho’s fall-winter collection this year.
In the midst of everything, another designer stepped up with her own plagiarism accusations. The head designer for the 2006 MBC drama “Goong” posted to her Twitter on September 5, saying the indoor shoe design that was known to have been designed by Yoon Eun Hye at the time was actually her own. Two days later on September 7, when the news had already become widely known, the “Goong” designer asked via her Twitter for people to stop spreading the news, but that “[everything she said] is true and she has the witnesses and documents to prove it.”
The list doesn’t stop there. On September 8, Chinese netizens posted photos of two designs by Yoon Eun Hye — both featured by the actress on the Chinese variety show “Goddess’ Fashion” — that resemble those of BCBG and Dolce & Gabbana (pictured below).
What do you think about the outfits? Do you think they’re products of inspiration, coincidence/trend, or plagiarism?
Article: Yoon Eun Hye, once again... this time, suspected of plagiarizing BCBG and D&G
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+234, -3] She's in big trouble....;;;; she should know when to draw a line, this is just too similar
2. [+189, -4] Has she always been this dumb?
3. [+168, -3] Hul, she's a repeat offender. It must be a habit for her to copy others tsk
4. [+21, -0] It's not just once but several of her designs that have come under these suspicions, there's definitely some ground here
5. [+20, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's not completely the same but if you asked a baby to find matching pictures, he'd be able to
6. [+18, -0] This does look like plagiarism
7. [+16, -1] She's so dumb to think this would never come back to bite her. What a repeat offender... showing off to the world how dumb she is.
8. [+13, -0] She must've been desperate to be called a fashionista
Article: Yoon Eun Hye, how will she overcome these mountains?
Source: X Sports News via Nave
1. [+876, -28] Maybe because Yoon Eun Hye has been in the industry since she was young but she seems very self centered... back when she was going to be in a movie with Park Shi Hoo and concerned fans asked her not to, she called them antis saying anyone who's against her work aren't real fans... she's a scary person and all of it will come back to bite her later.
2. [+781, -22] I don't think she can climb these mountains...
3. [+687, -23] If she made a mistake, she should fess up to it
4. [+605, -20] Everyone kept saying she copied something so I checked it out and she really did
5. [+142, -4] There's nothing for her to climb. All she has to do is stay quiet and promote in China until it blows over in Korea. It'll probably not even be brought up again unless she tries to do something again in the design industry.
source: Soompi 1 2 naver 1 nate insight & Netizenbuzz nate naver