T-ara girl group member, Jiyeon’s brother, Park Hyojoon, underwent liver donation for their critically ill father who was suffering from a life-threatening condition of liver cirrhosis.
A media source on the 10th said that Park Hyojoon completed the liver donation transplant to his father in May and resumed his duty after that.
The news was learnt from the military newspapers published in May. At that time, Park Hyojoon, who was serving in the land army unit 6 77 troops, donated 70% of his liver to his critically ill father. His father’s condition was life-threatening if he didn’t undergo liver transplant and upon successful matching, he underwent the major surgery.
As the news of “Park Hyojoon soldier” spread, no one knew that this soldier was the brother of Jiyeon.
Close source of Hyojoon told OSEN that “it was a difficult situation when they couldn’t find a suitable match for the transplant.” His father strongly objected to receiving the liver from his son who had a bright future. Hence, Hyojoon underwent the surgery in the capacity of a “stranger” and his father knew of it only after the surgery ended. It was such a touching story.
Park Hyojoon was previously cast in Mnet’s Super Star K3, where he attracted a lot of attention for being “Jiyeon Brother.”
Chinese trans via zhu-er @ Tiara tieba
English trans by Beckhie @ TiaraDiadem
[netizenbuzz continues to be the wooooorst]
1. [+973, -68] If only Jiyeon was as half as nice as her brother...
2. [+953, -94] I remember Chang Ryul hyung was too scared to even give a liver transplant for his mother...
3. [+474, -51] No comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+43, -4] Sure, but the nice person in this story is your brother, not you
5. [+42, -14] It's not an easy decision to make, he did a good deed
6. [+40, -1] Nevermind Jiyeon, her oppa is young but made a brave decision. Just put yourself in his shoes and think if you could make the same decision... what a brave young man.
7. [+33, -6] People seem to think that giving someone a piece of your liver is some easy task even if it's for your own family but it's not ㅋㅋㅋㅋ obviously why there's an article about it, because it's not an easy decision to make
8. [+31, -15] ㅋㅋㅋ Her brother's eyes are close together too ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+30, -8] Her brother did this, not Jiyeon
10. [+29, -38] Not an easy decision... he deserves all the praise. And people always talk about Jiyeon being a good person so stop harassing her
Source: TiaraDiadem, OSEN via Nate, Netizenbuzz
clearly some netizen's fail to realize how complicated a liver transplant truly is, and it's not as simple as "oh jiyeon should have done it." they also seem to be forgetting about this.