Article: [The Fact Investigation - Seo Jisoo Controversy] What is the truth behind the dropped lawsuit of the 'Seo Jisoo' rumors?
Source: The Fact via Nate
'The Fact' sat down for an exclusive interview with the 'victim D' behind the rumors who claimed to have dated Seo Jisoo in the past. 'D' provided evidence of their relationship and Seo Jisoo's abuse through recorded files and letters/text messages exchanged. She also provided details on why the lawsuit was dropped and the various threats she received from Woollim as they told the public something different from what actually happened in court.
1. [+794, -34] So what's going, they weren't just rumors ㅡㅡ? Fans have been making a fuss saying it's not the truth so what is the truth then? If this article is true, why is her agency so insistent on keeping her in the group?
2. [+640, -32] So she was fined on an informality and requested a formal trial but the agency dropped the lawsuit and then media played about the case being resolved with a fine......
3. [+623, -42] Agencies should be responsible for leading kids down the right path as they achieve their dreams but they obviously only see them as cash cows... and these idols are on TV with their fake laughs and fake cries, making a joke out of the viewers... ugh, raise your kids right.
4. [+144, -6] So she was fined not for spreading false rumors but for defamation... which means the rumors are true then. And they think they can shamelessly get away with debuting her?
5. [+139, -3] So the rumors weren't completely false;;;;
6. [+130, -9] They're really trying to debut this thug? So dirty ㅡㅡ
7. [+122, -5] Woollim's a scary company
8. [+113, -2] There are truths mixed in with the rumors but Woollim tried to make the public believe that all of it was false
9. [+99, -9] Basically condemns Lovelyz to failure
10. [+89, -4] One thing's for sure, not all of the rumors were false
11. [+82, -4] Woollim's scary... is all of this really necessary for them to keep Seo Jisoo? Why do they want to keep her so bad?
12. [+79, -3] I wonder why the agency dropped the lawsuit... even if they took it to formal trial, it's important for them to confirm that the rumors were indeed false rumors... if Seo Jisoo really is innocent, the agency is going about the wrong way to prove it.
13. [+67, -3] A summary of what's going on:
1. Various victims involved in the case become threatened with being outed, sexual harassment, and the spreading of false information
2. The victims post the actual truth on the internet to clear their name and reveal Seo Jisoo and Woollim's lies but get fined for defamation. Woollim takes this to media play saying people were caught for spreading false information and fined and netizens believe it, calling the victims liars and psychologically ill. Seo Jisoo also cosplays as a victim saying she's getting treatment in the hospital while preparing for debut.
3. As it turns out, the victim had requested a formal trial to reveal the truth once and for all but Woollim drops the lawsuit and meets with the victim the threaten her and prohibit her from ever talking about Seo Jisoo in any interview or online.
4. In the process, the victim's identity has been revealed to the people she knows and she's currently unable to function in society while living in scrutiny and pain while Seo Jisoo prepares for her own debut.
14. [+62, -5] That's the thing, the people who were actually spreading false information were fined while still in the process of a lawsuit with the actual victim but Woollin only told the media about the fines as if the victim was one of those people who spread false information and then tried to make a settlement with her ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Woollim's so scary. It's not Seo Jisoo suffering from rumors but the victim right now. I really wonder what Lovelyz fans will shield her with now.
(Translation done by KPopKFans--full picture timeline at source)
On a community site, someone posted that she had a homosexual relationship with Lovelyz Jisoo and that Jisoo sexually harassed her.
Woollim Entertainment tweeted that they requested Mapo Police to investigate the issue to catch the person who first spread the rumor.
Lovelyz released 'Hi~'
Woollim stated that after the investigation, they fined A (accused) and B (underage) for spreading false rumors.
'Jisooluv' got a summary order
A formal trial requested
A lawyer submitted to drop the charges
Trial date (the accused attended), the end of the trial
(2015.06.21 ~ 2015.07.21 - private trial timeline)
According to a person on Twitter, the accused A aka Jisooluv demanded a formal trial. Jisoo's law firm has a record of dropping the charges against A.
Woollim released a teaser image of Jisoo for Lovelyz's comeback, officially showed that Jisoo will join the group.
The Fact got an exclusive interview from a woman D who says she was threatened to be outed by Jisoo when they were dating. D showed evidences with voice recordings.
From the recordings:
Woollim requested the police to investigate the rumors, Jisooluv gets investigated.
Jisooluv, D, and other victims of Jisoo all gather together, including Woollim staff.
- Jisooluv, "we were in a serious relationship, she sexually assaulted me with words."
- Woollim staff admits, "her words and behavior are indeed sexual harassment and it's morally wrong."
Jisooluv, D, victims, Woollim staff, and Woollim's lawyer met up.
- Lawyer, "promise that this will not happen again in the future. It's a stress for you to be present at the trial. Don't say anything even if the Internet or a journalist asks you."
Jisooluv met up with the lawyer to reach an agreement, agreement made
- The agreement says Jisooluv will not speak or post anything related to Jisoo to the media, Internet, or SNS. Woollim will then drop the charges against Jisooluv. If Jisooluv violates the agreement, she will have to pay 100 million won.
- Jisooluv did not agree with the agreement but the complaint was not considered.
Instiz: Summary of Seo Jisoo scandal (The Fact)
- Woah, everybody needs to read the full article... This is not right. Woollim is seriously disappointing
- It breaks my heart to see what the victims say. "People compare us to Tajinyo"...
- 100 million? What kind of a delinquent are they?
- They kept showing evidences and this article was written based on the recordings. How many more evidences do you want? Woollim never clarified anything and they're just threatening the victims to bury this issue. I don't trust Woollim because I feel so bad for the victims. Trainees leave their groups nowadays if they get controversies but I don't understand why Woollim is insisting on including Jisoo when the group's concept is innocent.
- So it wasn't all rumors...
A Lovelyz fan sent The Fact a few links of rebuttals against their article
The Fact replied:
You must've worked hard to send us the rebuttals but unfortunately, it says I can't read the posts because I'm not a member on the site.
I also read the email you sent previously... You were practically saying, "look at this. Are you still saying that D is right?"
I want to say this to you.
I'm not stupid and I don't have any bad intent. Do you think I wrote the article just because D said, "this is it"? It didn't take us one or two days. It look us a long time and the article was published after careful consideration of the entire editing team. We worked on it very seriously because it's very sensitive news. We don't just publish an article after lightly looking at the issue and a fast judgement."
Instiz: The Fact's reply to Lovelyz fan who says it's a rumor
- The CEO of The Fact even tweeted the article of Seo Jisoo
- So they basically flatly claimed that this is the truth
- I think it's true. Woollim is not a small company. If the article is false, they wouldn't stay silent like this.
- Why are they so quiet this time when they were giving such fast feedback when it started on Twitter?
- Woollim needs to release a proper official statement
Source: Netizenbuzz, KPopKfans
Good Lord, will it ever end?
Woolim's always been trash (Tablo, Tasty, etc.)
but if this just happens to have any whiff of truth, then...damn.