On September 17, singer and actor Kim Hyun Joong will hold an emergency press conference to discuss the latest developments in his ongoing dispute with his ex-girlfriend over his alleged baby.
According to a report published by the Korean outlet Newsis, the 29-year-old star has called the press conference in order to reveal the official position of his side on his ex-lover and a recent DNA paternity test taken by the performer.
"On September 17, there will be an urgent press conference in connection with the controversy surrounding Kim Hyun Joong," said the legal representative for Kim, in a statement published by Newsis. "The results of the DNA test have yet to be determined. If paternity is correct and the child is indeed his, Kim Hyung Joong will add the child's name to his family register and will pay child support."
His former girlfriend, who is referred to as Ms. A or Miss Choi in Korean media, delivered her baby prior to the expected September 12 due date.
A spokesperson for her legal team provided a statement, reassuring audiences that both baby and mother were recuperating. "Mom and baby are healthy," said a lawyer on her team. "Both mother and child will be present for the October paternity suit."
The latest developments in the legal battle of "Boys Over Flower" and his ex-lover will now include the newborn baby. During their legal dispute, his ex-girlfriend filed a suit for psychological damages due to an alleged assault. She allegedly received approximately $512,058 USD or 600 million KRW.
Since the settlement was allegedly intended to prevent on-going litigation, Kim Hyun Joong previously announced that he will countersue his former girlfriend.
The former couple is scheduled to return to court on September 23. Meanwhile, the pop star is enlisted in active duty within the Korean military and is scheduled to be released in March 2017.
KDrama Stars translation / Newsis original