In celebration of f(x)'s 7th anniversary, we've rummaged up 7 fun facts about the girls that you may (or may not) know about!
It's been seven years since f(x) debuted with "LA chA TA" in 2009, and despite losing a member along the way (we miss you, Sulli!), they're still going strong in 2016. So to celebrate their seventh anniversary, we've decided to dig up seven fun facts about the girls!
Happy anniversary, f(x)!
7. All (except Victoria) come from musically inclined backgroundsAmber, Krystal, and Sulli can play instruments, while Luna comes from a musically talented family. As for Victoria, she actually studied dancing at the Beijing Dance Academy before becoming a K-pop star, so it's not hard to imagine that she had some music chops her background somewhere!
6. Their cover of "Hot Summer" was originally recorded for Girls' Generation
But according to Sunny, everyone thought the song was better suited for f(x). Can you imagine a Girls' Generation version of "Hot Summer"?
5. Despite debuting in 2009, it wasn't until 2016 when they finally named their official fan club
It was a long wait, but we're finally proud to call ourselves a MeU!
4. Amber directed the "All Mine" MV
Having showcased her directing chops for the MV to her solo track "Beautiful", Amber decided to take up the director's seat for "All Mine".
Bonus fact - that part where Krystal screams into Amber's ear at the beginning was completely unscripted! Apparently Amber's ears were ringing for the rest of the day!
3. Victoria was "married" to 2PM's Nichkhun on "We Got Married"
And the other f(x) members all got to go along for the ride as Nichkhun's sister-in-laws!
2. Luna is one of the people who have known Amber the longest
Apparently they've known each other since they were around 15-years-old. Bonus - they're close enough that they can accidentally kiss and still not be (too) awkward about it!
(Start from the 1:30 mark. 6:30 for their "accidental kiss")
1. They were the first K-pop group to perform at SXSW
South by Southwest in Austin, TX is one of the most popular festivals in America - and f(x) absolutely rocked it!
f(x) Appreciation Post!