G-Dragon’s clothing brand PEACEMINUSONE, which he launched with his stylist GeeEun, released a photo on Instagram (@peaceminusonedotcom) 11 weeks ago showing a laundry tag which states, “Do not laundry, do not bleach, do not iron, dry in shade …blah, blah… F*ck it. Just give it to your mother.” The caption for the photo states, “She knows how to do it.”
This photo has sparked arguments in the comment section, some calling G-Dragon out for misogyny, while others are saying the tag is just cute and funny, rather than discriminatory.
The tag seems to be the PEACEMINUSONE version of the existing washing label in some brands that says, “Or give it to your mother, she knows how to do it.” This version likewise has received mixed responses in past years. Some washing labels, which say, “Or give it to your mother/woman, it’s her job,” have received much more criticism, being viewed as more offensive than the “she knows how to do it” labels. One Italian clothing company was even forced to apologize after having a similar “it’s her job” washing label, although they claimed it was simply a joke.
[netizens comments]Article: G-Dragon swept in 'misogyny controversy'... "Laundry is for mothers"
Source: Herald Econ via Nate
1. [+700, -82] He's obviously saying leave it to a mother's wisdom you dumb feminazis... are your brains as filled with fat as your bodies?
2. [+582, -52] Even foreigners say this stuff, what's so misogynistic about it? I swear, people accuse everything of misogyny nowadays;;
3. [+560, -52] He obviously meant it as a joke, don't witch hunt him over it
4. [+22, -2] This is barely misogyny...
5. [+19, -2] Why does everything have to be misogyny? ㅋㅋ My 6 year old kid's shirt has a tag on the back that says "leave it to mom" ㅋㅋ I laughed thinking it was cute
6. [+17, -1] So much controversy over nothing. Obviously it's saying leave it to mom if you don't know how to do it... how can you see that as misogyny?
7. [+16, -2] I actually find the tag hilarious, I don't find it misogynistic at all ㅋㅋㅋ And he's obviously sharing it because it's unique ㅋㅋ
8. [+10, -0] Isn't it actually the opposite? It's assuming that you're a man so you don't know how to do your own laundry
9. [+9, -1] On the contrary, there are other ads that say stuff like "leave changing the light bulbs to your dad" or "leave fixing your computer to your oppa", isn't it the same thing?
10. [+8, -0] Then what about that ad that says leave it to your dad to changing light bulbs or leave it to your oppa to fixing computers.. is that misandry too?
Source: Soompi 12 & Netizenbuzz 1