CL Shares How 2NE1’s “Goodbye” Was Originally Written For Minzy
After the release of 2NE1’s last single “Goodbye,” CL sat down for an interview to talk about the song.
CL talked about the song’s lyrics, saying, “After Minzy left YG, the three of us were preparing for a new album. At the time, I wrote this song as if it was a letter to Minzy. I adjusted [the lyrics] so that it was a message to Minzy as well as a message to the fans at the same time.”
The singer continued, saying, “[The first time] I heard this song, lyrics [about Minzy] just came to my mind and I cried. The lyrics pretty much came from my tears.”
CL also talked about the regret surrounding 2NE1’s disbandment, especially since she was part of the group for seven years. “I’ve known the members for 10 years,” CL said. “During that time, we made a lot of memories and worked on a lot of things together. I’m really going to miss them. But I believe that it was a reasoned decision. And even though it’s regrettable, I hope each of us is able to work our way through the separate paths we take.”
Meanwhile, 2NE1’s “Goodbye” was released on January 21 and is receiving an enthusiastic response.
Article: [Exclusive Interview] CL, "'Goodbye' is a letter written to Gong Minzy... lyrics of tears"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+404, -64] Gong Minzy didn't even know about the song until she heard it through the media, stop acting like you ever cared for her and enough with this media play ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+404, -20] I hope Park Bom's reflecting... The other members made it this far without any big scandals but she demolished the group for her drugs. She had such a unique voice and the group overall had great songs that I enjoyed listening to when I was still in school so news of their disbandment was so sad as a former fan ㅜㅜ I hope that she's more mindful of her status as a public figure in the future
3. [+221, -18] Call her!!
4. [+36, -2] I can understand that it's a bit of an awkward situation to tell Minzy though... like, "We're going to put out a song, just the three of us, without you"... but if Yang CEO really intended this song to be a last form of fan service, he should've made sure that all four participated in it. Even if they're just a business relationship, they still spent so much time working together, it's wrong to let things end like this... ㅎ
5. [+22, -4] It's still weird to me that Minzy had no idea about the song at all... I would've at least sent her a Katalk letting her know
6. [+17, -2] Why do people believe Minzy and not CL? CL was the one who took care of her the most when she was still in 2NE1. It was always Minzy who took care of the other members and the 2NE1 fans the least. There are group fans and personal fans of every group and she only took care of her own personal fans.
7. [+13, -6] Just seems like a media play ploy to sell the song more ㅋㅋ poor Sandara being stuck in the middle
8. [+11, -3] The group failed because of Park Bom but isn't it also true that Gong Minzy was the one who broke out the calculator and left to survive on her own? I don't think she really has a right to act like a victim in this either
9. [+10, -10] ㅋㅋㅋ Ridiculous. Gong Minzy finds out about the song through the media while they act all sad like they're missing her in the music video without even giving her a chance to participate in the song ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ pretty disappointing as a former fan
10. [+8, -8] They made the song because they missed Minzy? When she doesn't even know about the song? Stop with the nonsense, do they not see what's going on?
Article: CL, "I want to reunite in 20 years like SES... have to manage our stamina"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+937, -77] So sad, 2NE1's songs were always a must listen for me
2. [+734, -45] 20 years is too long, let's make it 10 years.. ㅠㅠ
3. [+830, -138] They are still one of the girl groups in our country to go down in history. Hope to see them back in 20 years with good music.
4. [+441, -43] Please keep that promise, this group's too good to just let go like this
5. [+73, -14] We'll meet again ㅠㅠ I'll be waiting ㅠㅠ 2NE1 forever ㅠㅠ
6. [+39, -4] Love you 2NE1, you can take as long as you need, I'll be waiting right here until the day we meet again
7. [+50, -9] Not one 2NE1 song to waste... a pity that it ends like this
8. [+55, -12] 'Goodbye'~ such a sad song
This is just another example of YG artist exposing YG lies and media antics but I'm sure people will keep supporting the lizard king...
Soompi, insight, netizenbuzz, Ilgan Sports via Nate, Ilgan Sports via Naver, my gif