With just barely a month of album promotion clocked in early 2014, the world has been missing 4minute
as of late. A consistently successful group with an explosively successful hit last year and a mild followup this year, fans expected to see more of them in 2014. Cube Entertainment even promised on numerous occasions that the girls of 4minute would have a second comeback
- instead there were three underperforming releases for BTOB and two for Beast.Tension between fandoms has mounted
though there are a chosen few who call themselves Cube stans who think everything's a-okay. But the facts glaringly show that 4nia, 4minute's fanclub, has more than a few valid reasons to feel that 4minute's everything is being squandered at Cube Entertainment:
- Season's Greetings for BTOB and BEAST. 4minute had one only in 2012 when Cube first began them.
- BTOB and Beast have had concerts, 4minute was once forced to open for Beast who are their juniors in the industry.
- Cube has sold recycled BEAST lightsticks with a paint job to look like 4minute lightsticks
- 4minute has not had an official fanclub meeting since 2010 though fans have been begging Cube for one. Beast has one each year.
- CUBEE, Cube's online shop, lists 60 BEAST goods, 17 BTOB goods while 4minute has 5, Hyuna has 3 and 2Yoon has 1.
- To top it off, 2014 was also 4minute's 5th anniversary for which they got a clip show MV for an album track. Beast got an entire album and month of promotion. 4minute member Gayoon was bashed by Beast's fanclub for covering this song later on.With 4minute's contract expiring in 2016, fans are wondering if 4minute will stick around with the company that underuses them and in such a criminal way.
4nias are hoping that with BEAST's impending enlistment
that Cube will finally put 4minute on the front burner but with Cube's second girl group debuting in 2015, will it be too little too late?( Collapse )
sources | original post & translation by velvetsunglass
| 4minute fancafe post (locked to public)