The state-run broadcaster KBS has denied agreeing that actor Kim Young-dae would step down from the lead role in its upcoming teen series "School 2021," scheduled to air in the latter half of the year.
The broadcaster was countering Kim's claim made in a statement released Thursday, following reports on his withdrawal from the series earlier in the day.
"Actor Kim Young-dae signed a contract to star in the series, and took part in meetings for lead characters and table readings," it said. "While he was preparing to start filming in July, his agency recently told us that he wanted to step down, without prior notice to the production team."
Adding that the broadcaster finds it "regrettable" that the news of his removal was released without any prior discussion with the team, it said: "The production company and KBS have not reached an agreement on Kim's withdrawal, and we are trying our best to reach an amicable outcome."( Collapse )
source: The Korea Times