Hyoyeon thanks EXO for being the only junior group to greet them at M! Countdown
[TRANS] Hoobaenims we are thankful for who were the only ones to come to say hello 😍 https://t.co/AyZrjSL4cd— Stella ♡ (@SonexStella) August 10, 2017
It's a common practice for junior groups to come to senior groups rooms and greet them, usually gifting them with the album they are currently promoting. Hyoyeon recently took to instagram to reveal that EXO were the only juniors to come and greet them and gift SNSD their new album. Many seniors have noted that junior groups don't come and greet them any longer, and plenty of fans are angered by the news.
Have you seen this?ㅎㅎ
'Feeling grateful towards the only junior who came to greet us'
1. [+435][-109] I'm way much madder than she is..ㅋㅋㅋ Aren't there a lot of rookie groups who performed in the same music show today? How could they not go to greet their seniors.. That's very rude..
2. [+407][-76] Seems like she was really annoyed by that..ㅋㅋㅋ No wonder, I would've reacted the same way if I was her.. I mean, all of the idol groups who performed in that music show must be SNSD's juniors.. On top of that, by 10 years..
3. [+366][-73] Crazy..ㅋㅋㅋ The singers who performed in that music show, except for Raina, debuted later than Exo, which makes them SNSD's juniors as well. Am I right?? Even the idols who are already 6 years into their debut came to greet the 11-years old idols.. What are they doing instead of greeting them??
4. [+274][-288] The seniority in entertainment industry is seriously no joke..ㅋㅋ Well, Exo and SNSD are under the same label and that's why Exo came to greet them. Why do the idols who are not even under the same label have to come to their waiting room??? I can understand it if they pass by each other and not greet SNSD, that is rude, but it's a whole different case we're talking about here.. I mean, we're not in militaryㅋㅋㅋ How about you guys? Do you always go to the teacher's room to greet them one by one during your school days? Or do you even greet the alumnis of your school when they visit your school?
5. [+226][-22] Look at the best comments.. Are you guys muggles, or just new to this fangirl life??ㅋㅋㅋ It is given for singers to go to their seniors' waiting room to give out signed albums every time they make a debut or comeback. That's the etiquette in this industryㅋㅋㅋ Those who like senior groups must know this really wellㅋㅋ And Hyoyeon's intention behind posting that is not to throw shades, but simply just because she felt grateful towards Exo because they were the only junior who came to greet her group..
6. [+167][-28]ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Where did the group that just debuted today go..?
7. [+164][-12] GFriend has always mentioned SNSD as their role models, even in the most recent interview. And yet they didn't come to greet them?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ That's hilarious..
8. [+156][-9] Just think about it.. Imagine if you were an idol who's already 10 years into your debut, you made a comeback, and none of your juniors came to greet you in your waiting room. Wouldn't you be upset?
9. [+145][-7] The only groups who have been in the industry for quite long time are SNSD and Exo, am I right? SNSD is a 11 years old group, a big senior while Exo is a 6 years old group.. Seems like idols nowadays are really thoughtless.. I bet they didn't greet Exo, I mean.. They didn't even greet SNSD..ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+134][-16] It's not like SNSD often makes a comeback or anything, they're having a comeback after a really long time and their juniors didn't come to greet them.. That's kinda rude;; SNSD is a big senior to them..
Kim Tae Woo scolding juniors for not greeting Kim Jong Seo, Lee Hyori, Heechul about Kang Ta
It has been an issue raised by a lot of seniors (-: pic.twitter.com/DIHnXfBkHR— wondoduck (@wondoduck) August 10, 2017
Kangta: Apink's a sunbae now. Do juniors singers come to greet you and visit you with their CDs?— 윤호구; (@B2PMGG_) July 6, 2017
Apink: They don't come to greet us... #별밤
also discussed in this omona post.
hyostagramtweet, pannative + pann, sonexstella, wondoduck, kpopkfans + pann, sookyeong, b2pmgg, cloud09 on OH + naver, soompi, kpopbehind
so what do you think, omona? are younger groups rude or have times changed?
note to mods: i went through the links again and it seems that the pann post was taken down?