The former member of Wonder Girls, Sunmi, recently shared a cute picture with her fans on Instagram. In the photograph, the South Korean singer is showing her fingers.
Along with the picture, she asked the followers "Is there anything wrong with my nails? Haha." Fans gave mixed reactions to the picture, some said that it is just perfect, some mocked as if they cannot see the nail but they are beautiful and some just adorned her beauty. But above all, some of them commented on her alleged sexuality.
One of the users wrote, "The short nails signify that she is not heterosexual." While other wrote, "There's nothing wrong with them but they are so short. You're a Lesbian." Some even gave her the crown for being the "queen of lesbianism".
The picture was also shared on online communities. In spite of this hatred, the fans came out in support of Sunmi. One Insta user backlashed the haters and wrote, "My nails are also short. Don't worry about those comments," The other follower commented, "Why are they making a big deal about nails?"
This is not the first time when Sunmi is being criticized for her looks. A few days backs, Netizens expressed their views about her 'paper doll' like appearance at the 2017 Korea Music Festival.
Sunmi gave a splendid performance on her latest track "Gashina" but her skinny legs caught all the attention. Netizens could not stop themselves from expressing their worry and concern for the singer's thin figure. Some even advised her to put on some weight. The singer revealed that her weight is [TW]less than 100 pounds and she lost 11 pounds since "Gashina" promotion. Sunmi debuted in 2007 as a member of Wonder Girls but left the group in 2010 to pursue her academic career. Her latest song "Gashina" is the first release since the disbandment of Wonder Girls.
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+2,437, -16] I wonder if the netizens who accused her of being gay just because she keeps her nails short are able to function in society
2. [+1,686, -22] I think it looks clean to have her nails cut short like that
3. [+1,372, -10] Nope, nothing wrong at all
4. [+85, -0] I question the sexuality of the people accusing her of being gay over her nails ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+74, -1] My nails are short too. There's no rule that says nails have to be long. Ridiculous.
6. [+64, -2] I'm a mother who keeps her nails short, am I gay too?? ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
7. [+57, -1] I feel like 30% of Koreans are psychos... way too many psychos lately
8. [+57, -0] I prefer that Sunmi keeps it short and clean than all the celebrities who do crazy nail art. IU keeps hers clean too.
9. [+47, -3] People who work in hospitals have short nails too, are they all gay??? What kind of stupid reasoning is this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+35, -1] Hul ㅋㅋ I had no idea that people thought that until I read this article ㅋㅋ aigoo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Sources: Korea Portal, @miyayeah, Netizenbuzz via Nate, gif