On October 24, Kangnam posted on his personal Instagram an apology over some comments he had previously made on broadcast.
On the most recent episode of “My Ugly Duckling,” Kangnam came under fire for his questions to Ghanaian TV personality Sam Okyere about his country. He had also previously come under fire for his
In his apology, Kangnam wrote, “In trying to be funny on TV, I was too greedy and said things I shouldn’t have. I have realized that I caused disappointment and discomfort to many people through my careless words and ignorance and apologized right away to Kyungri and Sam.”
He continued, “I am still awkward at writing Korean and thought about what to do in case my sincerity did not come through in a message and disappoint people even further, but with the help of an agency staff member, I am writing what I have to say. I want to express my sincerest apologies to Kyungri and Sam once again and I apologize to and am grateful for the viewers who have took me to task for what I have done wrong and taught me better.”
He concluded, “I should have taken responsibility as a broadcaster and shown a discreet side of myself, but I was unable to and I am ashamed and regretful. I will reflect and learn so that I do not make these kind of mistakes again and act and think more carefully. Once again, I am sincerely sorry to everyone who felt uncomfortable through my carelessness.”
[Netizens]Article: Kangnam "I said something wrong in an effort to be funny, I apologized personally to Kyungri and Sam"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+1,053, -51] His idea of humor is so cheap
2. [+988, -50] He thought saying those things would be funny? Not funny at all
3. [+948, -60] Well I want to beat this ba$tard to death... but don't misunderstand, I'm only saying it to be funny
4. [+46, -6] Since when is threatening to beat someone to death funny?
5. [+45, -6] Well this is it for you, you're no longer funny, just frustrating
6. [+39, -7] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Don't you think it's too late?
7. [+37, -9] Would rather not see him on TV anymore
8. [+36, -4] There's also another time where someone told Miss Korea Kim Jung Jin that she looked like actress Go Jun Hee and Kangnam said that she would if Go Jun Hee got beat in the face. Is he not going to apologize about that? Everything that comes out of his mouth gives me goosebumps.
9. [+29, -1] ㅎㅎㅎ 100% this apology was written by his agency because his Korea isn't this fluent. Kangnam isn't reflecting at all.
10. [+17, -1] What's the point of apologizing now when feelings have already been hurt? It's not humor if you're the only one who thinks it's funny. If anyone else takes offense to it, it's pointless.
Sources: Soompi via Naver, Netizenbuzz via Nate