On October 26, it was revealed that the first woman who accused Park Yoochun of sexual assault (hereafter referred to as “A”), as well as her boyfriend and cousin (Mr. Lee and Mr. Hwang), who attempted to blackmail Park Yoochun, have been sentenced to prison.
The Supreme Court rejected appeals from both Mr. Lee (A’s boyfriend) and Mr. Hwang (A’s cousin, and a member of a gang), and upheld their initial rulings of 18 months in prison for Mr. Lee and 24 months for Mr. Hwang, for attempting to draw a large settlement from Park Yoochun and his agency after accusing him of sexual assault. A also filed an appeal initially, but later withdrew, accepting her 20-month prison sentence for false accusation and attempted blackmail.
The case started in June 2016 when A sued Park Yoochun for allegedly sexually assaulting her in the bathroom of an adult entertainment facility. She later withdrew her suit, saying that their sexual relations were consensual, after which Park Yoochun sued A, Mr. Lee, and Mr. Hwang for false accusation and blackmail.
Meanwhile, one of the other women (referred to as “B”) who accused Park Yoochun of sexual assault was found not guilty of false accusation in both her first and second trials. The prosecution is currently going through the process of appealing the ruling in the Supreme Court.
Source: Yonhap News via Naver
1. [+3,545, -511] It's true that they threatened him but the fact of the matter remains that Park Yoochun had sex in the bathroom, he just didn't sexually abuse her.
2. [+1,788, -91] Let's get some proper punishments in row, our country is too weak when it comes to punishing
3. [+1,939, -222] When's this toilet getting married anyway
4. [+1,361, -329] So the woman was a kkot-baem
5. [+420, -54] Even if the sexual abuse threats were false, it's an undeniable fact that he was a frequenter at a sex parlor
6. [+406, -52] So it's fact that he did do it with her though
7. [+265, -37] Doesn't change the fact that he played dirty in a room salon ㅋ
8. [+224, -41] So it's prostitution, not sexual abuse?
1. [+202, -14] Jail sentence or not, Park Yoochun's image has completely become prostitution + toilet man
2. [+111, -4] ㅋㅋㅋ They landed in jail without even getting a buck out of it
3. [+97, -3] The ultimate ending of a kkot-baem ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+17, -4] Wasn't he supposed to get married in September? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seems like the marriage has been called off, what's he going to do about the tattoo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+16, -3] Where'd all the news about his wedding go?? ㅋㅋㅋ Toilet Yoochun
6. [+15, -3] The two men in this situation are the worst of them all. They obviously sniffed out a money opportunity in it.
I will never forget when the prosecutor asked the female victim this question: [TW]"You can avoid sexual (penetration) if you move your hips in resistance, right?"
Sources: Soompi via Naver, Netizenbuzz via Nate & Naver