Goo Hye Sun and YG Entertainment have parted ways after 14 years.
On December 12, YG Entertainment revealed through a statement that the actress’s contract recently came to an end.
The statement reads, “YG has decided to respect the opinion of Goo Hye Sun, who we have had trust and a special heart for through 14 years, and came to the agreement to not renew her contract.”
“YG wishes for Goo Hye Sun’s health and happiness with her new activities, and we will continue to cheer her on,” the statement concludes."
[Netizens]Article: [Exclusive] Goo Hye Sun ends 14 years with YG "looking for a new agency"
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+238, -16] 14 years, wow ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+187, -77] She's probably being kicked out. I bet Yang Hyun Suk is tired of her after her last drama.
3. [+122, -27] She's in such an awkward position. Not a top star, not exactly B-list. I really thought she'd become huge after 'Boys Over Flowers'
4. [+61, -21] She really needs to improve her acting...
5. [+50, -11] Honestly their acting as a couple is so bad
6. [+40, -5] Bad acting for 14 years... no improvements at all
7. [+85, -59] Her acting's so bad... she's the type to rely on the male lead to carry her
8. [+31, -6] I'm pretty sure she didn't want to renew with YG considering the issues she's had with receiving her pay for her drama. It's been over two years and she's still owed 200 million won... 14 years is a long time to stay with an agency and I think she had a change of heart because of that.
1. [+218, -4] I think it's because she was in YG that she was able to pursue whatever she wanted
2. [+178, -13] She's really pretty and likable... but her acting needs work
3. [+154, -7] I wonder what other agency is able to handle her though
4. [+34, -4] Who'd take her?? She wears circle lenses in historical dramas~ her only solution is to join her husband's agency
5. [+24, -2] I don't think she has plans to continue acting. She's married, her health isn't that well, maybe she wants a break... all she gets is hate for her bad acting. She does other things like painting and directing... maybe she'll do that.
Sources: Naver (1, 2) via Soompi, Nate via Netizenbuzz