12:00 am - 05/15/2018
Jea reveals the expensive reality behind "celebrity diets"
"I gained a lot of weight after 'Produce 101' so I spent a ton of money on trying to lose weight as fast as possible. I took pilates which was $80 a session along with a personal trainer who cost $55 per session and then spent $90 on a work out device. I barely met anyone for a month and a half and focused all my time on losing weight. I ended up with a $30,000 bill at the end of it all."
Article: Jea reveals the real price of a 'celebrity diet'
Source: Segye Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,832, -20] Probably the most honest out of any celebrity diet advice
2. [+1,621, -20] She's so honest
3. [+1,585, -36] I wonder how many celebrities are willing to be so honest? I knew they did all that stuff but hearing it in person like that makes me feel so betrayed ㅠㅠ even dieting costs so much money ㅠㅠ
4. [+131, -5] The biggest lies told by celebrities #1 "I didnt get surgery" #2 "The only skincare I use is lotion" #3 "I didn't spend any money on dieting"
5. [+112, -4] The more money you spend, the faster you lose weight... The speed at which I lost weight when I worked out at the gym and had a personal chef and trainer changed the game for me. I didn't even get yoyo..
6. [+111, -6] Money's a must for celebrities who want a great body in a a short time
7. [+105, -2] If you want to lose weight in a way that looks good, you have to spend money on getting massages that loosen up your muscles after work outs, go to skin facials because losing weight fast damages your skin... Jea is still only revealing the tip of the iceberg.
8. [+85, -2] Yeah, all those celebrities who talk about only eating two boiled eggs and half a sweet potato are lying
9. [+77, -2] Losing weight fast doesn't cost much but if you want to do it in a way that looks good, then yeah, it takes a lot of money. Female celebrities do all sorts of things from flying yoga to pilates to personal trainers to massages to skin facials... it's not an expense that the average person can handle.
10. [+53, -1] Well even if they spend $30,000 on dieting, they use their new hot bodies to go out and make $50,000... I'd have an easier time dieting too if I knew that my weight loss brought in more money and popularity.
11. [+46, -2] Yup, stuff like pilates is super expensive. Celebrity agencies usually pay for all this stuff in conjunction with a clinic. Everything from carboxy shots to vitamin shots to brighten the skin... it takes a lot of effort on the days they're not working to look good for the days that they are. Anyone can look good if they have the money for it.
12. [+43, -2] I always figured that ㅋㅋ their physical appearance is so important for their career, I'm sure they have no problem slathering themselves in money since they'll earn it all back once they look hotter
sources: netizenbuzz, nate