On October 4, media outlet Dispatch released a report that revealed “C” had blackmailed Goo Hara on the night of their fight.
According to the report, following their 30-minute brawl on September 13 at around 12:46 a.m. KST, “C” told Goo Hara, “I’m going to ruin your career as a celebrity. I’m sending a tip to Dispatch.” This was when “C” sent an email to the media outlet at 1:26 a.m. that said, “Goo Hara. I will give you a tip, so give me a call. 010-XXX-XXXX (C’s phone number). If you are late, I will give it to someone else.”
At around 1:42 a.m., Goo Hara rode the elevator by herself to the parking lot of her villa to talk with “A,” a man who works in the industry. Previously, on September 10, Goo Hara had eaten lunch with her manager and “A.” However, she told her boyfriend “C” that she was only eating with her manager. Through a phone call with her manager, “C” found out that “A” was also present at lunch and got angry at Goo Hara for lying. Goo Hara went to the hair salon that “C” works at on September 12 to explain herself, but “C” told her to just go home.
At 2:04 a.m., “C” sent Goo Hara a 30-second clip of their sex tape on Kakaotalk. 10 minutes later, Goo Hara relayed this information to her agency’s previous CEO, and at 2:21 a.m., Goo Hara knelt down in front of “C” in the elevator, begging. This moment was captured by the CCTV at her villa.
Later, she chased him down to the parking lot, but he had already packed away his belongings in his car and sent her another 8-second clip of their sex tape. Goo Hara attempted to talk with him, but left to talk with “A” again. She begged him to come kneel.
Meanwhile, “C” had driven off in a drunken state.
In regards to this, Goo Hara said, “I discovered that video in [his] phone. I clearly erased that. It was scary. [I thought] Did he send that to Dispatch? Did he send that to [his] friends? What about a celebrity’s life? As a woman, life was… complicated.”
At 2:33 a.m., “C” messaged Goo Hara again:
C: “You are talking on the phone for too long with A.”
Goo Hara: “You told me to tell the full story over the phone and tell him to kneel down in front of you?”
C: “What should I do?”
Goo Hara: “So let’s meet and talk. A says he’s almost here.”
C: “Talk? I don’t want to talk.”
Goo Hara: “I will make him kneel down. You said that’s what you want?”
“C” then sent her a photo of his injured forehead and continued to send Goo Hara messages, saying, “You’re really busy,” along with a screen capture of Goo Hara currently on call with someone else. He eventually told her, “I’ll carry on with my work then.”
At around 3:21 a.m., “C” sent Goo Hara a final message:
C: “I washed my face, but thanks to you, I can’t go to work again. What should I do?”
C: “Ah ah sorry. You must have met that Oppa now. Sorry for disturbing your nightlife. I wanted to ask what I should do. If you don’t respond, I’ll just go to the police.”
Forty minutes later, at 4 a.m., Goo Hara’s roommate B called “C” to ask him about his video messages. Their conversation is as follows:
B: “Oppa, that photo and video…”
C: “Yeah, what about the photo and video?”
B: “You sent that to unnie?”
C: “So what?”
B: “But blackmailing with that kind of thing…”
C: “Then with blackmailing, should I release it? It can be released as blackmail. What?”
B: “Do you want to do it like that?”
C: “F*** why are you lying to me then? Why did you call me?!”
It was at 4:21 a.m. when “C” sent a second email to Dispatch that said, “It won’t disappoint. Contact me.” Dispatch attempted to call him afterwards, but he did not answer.
In this report, Dispatch stated that they had known about “C” and his threats, but did not approach the situation. They had no plans to report about the video as well.
This entire time, Goo Hara was careful. Her priority, and the only thing she could do, was explain the situation. Although she acknowledged the facial injuries she had given to “C,” he had denied the diagnosis from her gynecologist, saying that she would usually bleed from her vagina.
After a pause, she continued, “I didn’t want to argue any longer. I decided I couldn’t irritate him. He had the video. I thought it’d be better to consult with a lawyer and clean up matters. But…”
However, “C” continued to assert that he had faced a “defamation of character.” In place of “C,” lawyer Kwak Jun Ho had given an interview and stated, “Although we’ve received an offer to settle, the client’s stance remains unchanged. We are placing importance on the defamation of the client’s character.”
Goo Hara gave a statement about this ordeal and acknowledged her own mistakes, but also thought that the perpetuator should not transform himself into the victim. She stated, “He blackmailed me with the video. For a female celebrity, is there anything scarier than this? I acknowledge the wounds that I’ve given him. I’ll receive my punishment. But what about this other wound that he’s given me? He’s a blackmailer.”
On September 27, Goo Hara sued “C” for coercion and blackmail, along with violation of the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Violence Crimes.
Article: [Exclusive] "He sent me a video" Goo Hara sues C-ssi for blackmail
1. [+721, -36] I'm not saying Goo Hara did anything right but he's a ba$tard for threatening her with a video when obviously they had to have loved each other at one point ㅋ
2. [+688, -25] This man.. is so pathetic
3. [+652, -18] He's so pathetic... threatening to release her sex video and all
4. [+134, -2] He must've filmed it secretly, that's a hidden camera crime
5. [+126, -3] Wow, no wonder Goo Hara kept looking for compromise. Even in the CCTV, she was following him to the elevator, which I thought was weird.. but as it turns out.. this man was threatening her..
6. [+125, -2] He's such a bad person.. if he's acting like this after only three months of dating, I'm speechless
7. [+115, -0] Wow... he's the worst. You can't shield him at all when he's threatening her with a sex video.
8. [+107, -2] I feel like he probably already showed the video to his friends ㅠ what a pathetic, bad man...
9. [+106, -2] She's a human being, not just a celebrity... It's so sad that she had to get on her knees to beg him to not leak the sex video... He's not only a criminal for drunk driving but this too
10. [+98, -2] So she was like this because of the video this whole time... this man is trash
11. [+95, -1] So Goo Hara will be charged for assaulting him and that ba$tard of a man will be charged for smoking in an elevator, driving under the influence, hitting her back, and blackmailing her (if he actually leaked the video)...
12. [+87, -4] This is crazy... if anyone still hates on Goo Hara after this, they're no better than him
13. [+83, -1] What the, so this whole thing was the result of him trying to blackmail her with a sex tape??? He really tried to milk her, didn't he...
14. [+81, -1] How did Goo Hara even get involved with this trash??? He's a psycho
15. [+69, -3] It's not like Goo Hara's a minor, whether she has sex or not is a private matter... I can't believe of all people it's her boyfriend who's blackmailing her over it
16. [+58, -0] He's horrible... so when he e-mailed Dispatch "I won't disappoint", did he mean that he was going to pass them the video?
Article: Goo Hara's ex-boyfriend threatens to "release sex tape"... 'shocking'
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+155, -4] I'm a man myself but this ba$tard is trash
2. [+131, -5] Wow, this guy is so trash ㅋㅋ not only did he beat his own girlfriend but threatened her with their sex tape?? He's no different than the Korean men making headlines these days
3. [+106, -3] He's trash
4. [+28, -3] So embarrassed as a fellow man... Don't let him off scott free. Take control of the video and delete it and throw him in jail.
5. [+27, -2] Just because you didn't hit someone doesn't mean you're innocent... he's still a pathetic criminal
Article: CCTV of Goo Hara kneeling revealed "Blackmailed with video"
1. [+5100, -12] So he's a sex video criminal. This whole ploy of milking a celebrity for all she's worth is going to land him in jail. Gives me goosebumps to think of his interview where he said, "I'm a positive person... I won't go into details about someone I loved"... He was really deceitful with the media.
2. [+353, -9] When she said she thought he deleted it when she first found the video on his phone, that means it was a hidden camera, right? So he already had it backed up before he deleted it... what a goosebump-inducing ba$tard
3. [+311, -11] This pathetic, uneducated ba$tard is so sad...
4. [+16, -1] He's already been on TV once, why can't we just reveal his face already? Sometimes things like this make me think that celebrities don't always have it easy just for being rich
5. [+15, -2] Celebrities really need to stick to dating other celebrities... at least then you don't have to worry about worst case scenarios like videos being leaked
6. [+9, -1] Poor Goo Hara.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ why did he even film that video? Crazy trash... lives up to the image of male hair stylists!!!!!
7. [+2, -0] I don't understand how you can want to ruin the life of someone you once loved... What did she do wrong? I'm curious... Is he really blackmailing her with a video over a break up? That's it? He's a psycho if that's true...
8. [+2, -0] She got caught by a professional, that's all. I bet the minute she DMed him, he knew that he landed a big one and immediately started working on her. She was just a fish caught in his net. He needs to be sent to jail and removed from society. What a horrible piece of cancer
Source: Naver via Soompi, and Netizenbuzz (1)(2)