Leeteuk thought he was DMing Yeonwoo but it ended up being a fan account. He wrote, "Yeonwoo-ya", to which the fan replied, "OMG I can't believe".
Leeteuk later clarified in an official statement, "I wanted to tell a hard-working junior singer that she was doing great. I'm so sorry about that, Yeonwoo-ya, and sorry to the fan who was probably surprised by my sudden DM."
Article: Leeteuk, "I'm sorry for the mistake of DMing Momoland Yeonwoo... apologies to fans too" (official statement)
1. [+478, -28] Wow, seriously? ㅋㅋㅋ Think of your age gap, why would you even DM her? You can tell her she did a good job when you meet later.
2. [+417, -28] Why would you randomly tell someone they did a good job through DMs ㅎㅎㅎ Can you grow up already? I can already tell what he was intending to write after saying "Yeonwoo-ya"...
3. [+337, -23] Grow up already...
4. [+59, -4] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Tried to slide in her DMs and failed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can see why, Yeonwoo is quite pretty ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+57, -3] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ajusshi... act your age...
6. [+53, -2] His excuse is pretty pathetic??? ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+50, -2] Ajusshi, you're embarrassing yourself
8. [+45, -4] We see that she's pretty too but you shouldn't be hitting on her
9. [+43, -2] Look at him put his tail down when he tried to hit on her ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+40, -2] Think of your age
11. [+39, -3] This ba$tard has done this a few times ㅋㅋ
12. [+34, -3] Leeteuk-ah, this is embarrassing
13. [+27, -2] Men always pull the same stunt... it's obvious he was trying to hit on her. Sigh... pathetic ba$tard.
14. [+23, -1] I heard celebrities hit on each other through DMs but that's so pathetic ㅋㅋㅋ makes you look like you're not taking them seriously
15. [+13, -0] That's the best excuse he could come up with? tsk tsk tsk
16. [+11, -1] Gross ㅡㅡ
17. [+10, -1] Leeteuk has history of sending Kim Yuna a DM and then saying on a TV show that she never responded which caused SuJu fans to terrorize her SNS. He still hasn't given up hitting on kids through SNS, has he?
1. [+102, -3] Yah ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ think of your age gap ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Leeteuk must be feeling so damn embarassed
2. [+91, -2] Failed at hitting on her ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+68, -4] So embarrassing ㅋㅋㅋ now Kim Heechul has to suffer another headache. I had a feeling Super Junior was too quiet these days.
4. [+13, -1] Wake up
5. [+12, -0] All she had to do was reply "yes~ sunbaenim" and he would've begun his seduction
1. [+2,011, -222] I think it's a mistake anyone could've made, why are people thinking so negatively about it.. just why?
2. [+1,367, -60] It's pretty obvious by the way he calls her 'Yeonwoo-ya' that they're not even close enough to have exchanged contact info
3. [+865, -122] He's getting all this hate just for saying her name ㅋㅋㅋㅋ have you all never called someone by their name before;
4. [+643, -175] But why would you DM her on Instagram for it ㅋㅋ
5. [+1,083, -826] Ajusshi... please think of your age and stop hitting on girls
6. [+246, -40] If he really wanted to tell her she did a "good job", he wouldn't have just said "Yeonwoo-ya", he would've said something like, "Yeonwoo-ya, good job at the Ah Song!" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+187, -3] Ahh, would've been so funny if the fan account DMed back, "Yes?"
8. [+173, -12] If he knew her personal contact, he obviously wouldn't have DMed her. He could've just left her a Katalk message. Obviously he doesn't even know her Instagram account which shows that they're not close at all. Just a business relationship. No?
9. [+154, -44] Why is an '83er hitting on a '96er ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I doubt this is his first time either
10. [+100, -33] I'm so embarrassed for him......
There has been no statement from Yeonwoo's side, so she most likely remains unbothered
Omona, have you ever try to holler at someone 13 years younger than you under the guise of a supportive work relationship with someone whose contact info you don't even have in the first place?
Source: Naver and Nate via Netizenbuzz and Asia TodayGif from Minchins tumblr