4:57 am - 01/01/2019
Hyolyn's Medley Performance for KBS's Drama Awards Makes Headlines for Being Too Racy for the Event
On December 31, Hyolyn perfomed at medley at the KBS Drama Awards. Her performance began with her singing "Spring Watch," from the original soundtrack to the drama Black Knight. She, then, removes her coat and performs "See Sea" and "Dally." Many viewers found her performance and outfit inappropriate for the event that is so often viewed together by families. Even the day after the event, Hyolyn's performance is still being discussed into the new year.
'KBS Drama Awards' Hyorin's provocative outfit in a swimsuit 'where to look'
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+935, -16] Please moderate yourself on public broadcast stages.. this isn't some internet stream
2. [+850, -14] Honestly, her butt cheeks were showing and itw as embarrassing. I could even see that the actors didn't know where to look.
3. [+793, -15] Ugh... the worst way to turn a room cold, I feel bad for her
4. [+81, -3] So she performed this not at a gayo festival but at a drama awards... I wonder what the mood was like in there... I bet everyone wanted to cover their eyes...
5. [+74, -2] I get that it's a performance but it was honestly embarrassing ㅜ this was a drama awards, not a gayo festival.. ㅜㅜ She's a good singer, why not sing a quiet drama OST song? ㅜㅜ
6. [+65, -2] I knew she'd get in the news for this, I was dying of embarrassment
7. [+59, -1] Now this is just gross
8. [+53, -1] Wow... nevermind Hyorin, what were the broadcast guys even thinking for airing this?
9. [+42, -1] I really didn't know where to put my eyes....
10. [+41, -1] My parents changed the channel while watching. It was so embarrassing... why is everyone like this lately?
1. [+8,437, -266] Sigh... my family was all watching this together, what a mess
2. [+5,298, -167] She's crazy, this is just wrong. Even the other actresses were looking at her like "she's crazy" and the male actors didn't look like they were enjoying it at all either.
3. [+3,209, -91] Her outfit is so embarrassing
4. [+2,947, -134] Both Hyorin and KBS are insane for this
5. [+2,778, -73] Too much of her butt was showing.. you could tell all the actresses were nervous for her..
6. [+1,177, -30] It was just shocking. What a way to ruin an evening with your family. She crossed the line.
7. [+1,157, -19] Hyorin really needs to learn how to act appropriate in different times and locations. I get that she wants to stand out but she's not a middle schooler anymore, she needs to think deeper than this.
8. [+1,147, -36] She looked like one of those girls at the pubs who dance on poles. I couldn't even hear any of her singing, she looked like a show girl! KBS is insane for letting someone dress like this on their show!
9. [+917, -19] Why would they do this? They know that families watch year-end shows together and they still aired her? ㅡㅡ KBS is really showing their quality dropping
1. [+2,687, -110] This is a different situation from Whasa's. At least Whasa performed at a music festival... an awards ceremony is something that all families gather to watch and this is just wrong.
2. [+1,468, -186] Dirty
3. [+1,186, -32] This was too much for a drama awards, not a music festival... my family felt embarrassed watching her
4. [+962, -49] I need to buy eyes that have never seen this... who is crazy enough to do this at a year-end show..
5. [+794, -60] Why would you dress like this in front of families... in front of actors?
6. [+229, -13] What a strip show, she's insane
7. [+209, -6] She really must be... insane... She knows that all families, including grandmas, grandpas, parents, are all watching... Everyone started looking elsewhere but the TV once she started performing. She didn't look sexy at all, just dirty. I've always been a fan but she should learn to dress appropriately for the occasion. It's because of singers like her that actors look down on singers and don't even give them a reaction when they come to perform.
8. [+164, -5] It was truly... horrifying. I was watching this with my family until my father changed the channel.
Article: "Even the actors are shocked" Hyorin's KBS congratulatory stage 'provocative outfit'
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,836, -319] Hyorin-ah, stop pushing this sexy concept. There's nothing sexy about you.. I don't know why.. you're just not sexy..
2. [+1,369, -234] She really seems to think she's Beyonce or something ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+745, -176] Hyorin seems insane, is she not embarrassed? Her butt cleavage was practically showing, including her cheeks... sigh, she's insane ㅜㅜ
4. [+351, -64] At least Hyorin succeeded in getting the #1 search rank of the New Year
5. [+168, -2] Hyorin-ah, you have a voice that can command any stage even while wearing the simplest dress ㅜ... you should be pushing the image of a talented diva... She really seems to want to push this dance-heavy, hip type of concept...
6. [+125, -3] Wow, look at their facial expressions.. like they're holding back swears. Why were the child actors subjected to this!
7. [+108, -2] Hyorin-ah, you really need to learn to dress appropriately for these events. It's a show that families were gathered to watch.
8. [+104, -4] You're born with an amazing voice, why do you keep ignoring that and using your body instead...
1. [+975, -37] Just embarrassing.. she can be sexy without stripping down like this. Her song's about wanting to go see the ocean but she's dressed like she's seducing an oppa for the night. Too much cheapness.
2. [+929, -33] Look at how stone-faced the actors look ㅠㅠ talk about killing the vibe ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ her obsession with looking like an American unni is so embarrassing ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ just go to America already!!!! This type of stuff isn't right for our broadcast shows!!!!!!!
3. [+824, -27] She really must think she looks cool, tsk tsk tsk. How can she not know what's appropriate and not?
4. [+62, -3] The actors really did look uncomfortable... the stage was so close to the audience. She left SISTAR in search of her own music style.. and the only thing she could find was bleaching her hair and showing her butt. Sigh, she was so embarrassing that I had to change the channel.
5. [+51, -5] Whasa and Hyorin are brainless b*tches who don't know how to act appropriately in different times and situations. Please go strip down in front of your parents and spare the eyes of children~
Article: Hyorin's embarrassing butt-exposing outfit misses the mark, differing opinions compared to Whasa's stage
Source: Newsen via Naver
1. [+5,786, -375] At least Whasa's stage was at the MAMA and matched her ㅋ Hyorin was invited to a drama awards show and dressed completely inappropriately;; She really must not have a clue. She could've at least watched past performances at these types of shows to see how she should dress ㅋ
2. [+3,077, -74] It's true that she was inappropriate for the time and location
3. [+1,534, -290] Her singing was so bad that I wondered if she was stuck performing at a drama show because the music shows didn't invite her;;
4. [+1,077, -27] Both stages were embarrassing but the difference was that Whasa performed at a music festival where she's the star and Hyorin performed as a guest at another industry's show.
5. [+395, -25] MAMA was held overseas. Hyorin performed at a drama awards show, not some gayo show. That's why the reactions are different.
6. [+222, -5] I was watching with my child and had to change the channel. Her butt cheeks were flapping everywhere... I'm sure she had more to show than just her butt...
7. [+208, -5] Another important lesson in learning to dress appropriately for the time and place
8. [+194, -3] Hyorin fans keep shielding her saying that's what her outfit concept is for 'Dally' but she should still know better to dress differently for an awards show. She's there to congratulate others... You can already tell from the expressions of the actors that she made the wrong choice.
1. [+1,155, -381] Not like Whasa's was any better ㅋㅋㅋ they're all just looking for attention, no nee dot shield anything. Neither of them has the body to be showing off like this.
2. [+879, -165] Pretty sure people called both stages gross
3. [+812, -99] The difference is the stage... there's a difference between a music festival a public broadcast awards show filled with actors in the audience.
4. [+777, -184] Hyorin made me uncomfortable, Whasa made me feel gross
5. [+475, -56] Whatever, the point is that I don't want to be seeing anyone's butt on my TV screen~
6. [+99, -5] The fact that Hyorin's stage was the biggest headline to come out of a drama awards show already shows you why her stage was problematic. Her outfit would've been fine for a music festival... but not for an awards show. This situation was basically like someone going to perform at a wedding as if it was their own birthday party.
7. [+75, -5] Not into it... her fans obviously seem to like it but this was more appropriate for a personal concert than a broadcast show...
8. [+74, -13] Her stage was less embarrassing than Whasa's ㅠ Whasa's thighs and hips were just too much ㅜ sigh, both are weird ㅋㅋ
Omona, do you think she went to far? Do you think everyone should lighten up? Does this differ from Whasha's performance because it is a drama award show?
Sources: KBSDrama Youtube, kDrama Freaks Youtube, Nate, Newsen via Naver,and heraldbiz via Naver, via Netizenbuzz (1), and Sports Chuson, Nate, Newsen, and Sports Chuson (2), via Netizenbuzz (2),