The report explains that club Love Signal, located in the neighborhood of Seogyo it Mapo District in Seoul, is the same club as Club X, which was run from December 2017 to August 2018. The day Club X opened, Seungri posted on his Instagram, “Club X, a club I manage myself, has opened in the basement across the street from Samgeori Pocha in Hongdae. Come ^_^” Kukinews reported that the bracelets handed out at the entrance of Love Signal have Club X’s logo and that a source from Love Signal acknowledged the connection between the two clubs, suggesting that Seungri is also tied to Love Signal.
Love Signal is registered as a regular restaurant, when in reality, it is an adult entertainment establishment according to the laws of Mapo District. In 2015, Mapo District established a new regulation regarding regular restaurants that allow guests to dance. It is a regulation meant to help clubs in the Hongdae area thrive by allowing them to register their businesses as regular restaurants. The regulation states that in regular restaurants where guests are allowed to dance, guests can only dance in the areas between tables and chairs. It is a violation of the regulation to have a separate stage for guests to dance. As of December 2018, there are 43 regular restaurants in Mapo District where guests are allowed to dance, and Love Signal is one of them.
Kukinews found on February 28 that Love Signal has structures resembling a stage. The stage has several poles installed on it as well, and they confirmed that night that guests were indeed dancing on the stage.
Regular restaurants are required to pay 10 percent in value-added taxes, while adult entertainment establishments have to pay an additional 10 percent special consumption tax and 3 percent educational taxes. For example, if a business gathers 10 million won (approximately $8,855) in profits, it would pay 1 million won (approximately $885) in taxes as a regular restaurant and 2.3 million won (approximately $2,036) as an adult entertainment establishment. Therefore, registering a club as a regular restaurant is a way to bend the law and evade the heavy tax. Whether the act is legal or not depends on the existence of a separate stage for dancing inside the club.
Though Love Signal appeared to be tied to Seungri at first, Kukinews found that on official documents, the owner of Love Signal is corporation “A.” As of December 31, 2016, YG Entertainment CEO, Yang Hyun Suk, owned 70 percent of the stocks of corporation “A,” while his brother and president of YG Entertainment, Yang Min Suk, owned the remaining 30 percent. This indicates that Love Signal may be a business jointly owned by Yang Hyun Suk and Yang Min Suk if they still hold the same amount of stocks in corporation “A.”
When questioned about this news, corporation “A” responded, “We have nothing to say on our part. If the Mapo District Office says it’s illegal, then it’s illegal. Call the Mapo District Office and confirm the facts.” Meanwhile, YG Entertainment stated, “This is not something we can figure out soon. We are not sure when we will be able to give a response.”
Mapo District Office told Kukinews, “We do have separate investigations for regular restaurants that allow guests to dance. It is possible that we issued a correction order but the corrections were not made by the business."
[Netizenbuzz comments]1. [+2,833, -55] So Seungri and Yang Hyun Suk are business partners after all. YG reminds me of the Chosun Ilbo family. Trash that even the police or prosecutors can't touch.
2. [+2,600, -23] I knew this would happen, so all that's left is for Yang CEO to be investigated...
3. [+2,399, -35] Please fail YG
4. [+136, -1] Yang Hyun Suk, Seungri, and the corrupted police are all in it together
5. [+129, -1] Wasn't it obvious that Yang Hyun Suk was the one pulling the strings?
6. [+121, -1] So Yang Hyun Suk has been working to cover Seungri's tracks all this time because they were running it together... and yet they're claiming they had no idea what was going on inside the club? ㅋㅋㅋ Yang Hyun Suk even put out an article saying Seungri was not at fault.. ㅋㅋ I bet all the computer files that came out of YG didn't belong to Seungri but to Yang Hyun Suk? ㅋㅋ So he was covering Seungri's tracks just in case investigations ended up reaching him... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+112, -1] I bet you they're involved with some type of cartel too
8. [+102, -1] So they were in it together all along ㅋㅋㅋ daebak, what is this
9. [+98, -2] There really is no end in sight, disgusting YG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+92, -2] So Seungri was the face and Yang Hyun Suk was the head. This is going to be a long fight... he's better off selling his stocks since they're plummeting right now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
source: soompi, kukinews, netizenbuzz