( Read more...Collapse )
How the KKT conversation data got revealed:
Original whistleblower (anonymous) -> Lawyer Bang Jung Hyun, SBS funE reporter Kang Kyung Yoon -> Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commision -> Supreme Prosecutors' Office (and nothing for the police)
The KKT data transfer to the Supreme Prosecutors' Office happened on March 12th.
- Lawyer BJH reveals suspicion that there are ties to the police, up to high ranks like the Commissioner General of the Korean National Police Agency (the phrase used is "police chief", it's not clear which position is meant)
- Current Commissioner General says that he was not CG in 2016 and acknowledges possibility that there might have been a power abuse by high-ranked police officers.
- Former CG also denies being related to the case.
SBS funE publishes various convos that allude to the chatrooms having connections to officials:
1. The KKT convo connected to business -> In the chatroom, Employee Kim says he has connections to high-ranking police officials.
2. The KKT convo from Choi Jong Hoon's drunk driving incident, showing a convo of covering up the incident by paying money.
SBS talk to the police officer accused of covering for JJY during his 2016 Hidden Camera Case, which he denied first, until they played him the audio of him saying it. To which he then answered “Am I in a quite awkward position right now?”
source: soompi 1 2 3 4 5 6, nate, naver 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, news mk, CBS김현정의 뉴스쇼