They debuted on Billboard's Social 50 chart this week, charting at No. 49 on the April 20th chart. In the past week, ATEEZ's biggest jump in activity came from their Twitter account as the band earned 129,000 retweets and 64,000 mentions on Twitter, along with 7,000 new followers. They've been sharing photos of themselves in New York, the U.K., France and in other group activities while on tour. Their sould-out tour came to an end on the 21st in Moscow.
Read full article at Billboard.
A day with Ateez, K-pop’s brightest new rookie group
Photo by Elliott Morgan
- They sold out their US/Europe tour in minutes.
- Some of their parents didn't support their decision of being idols.
- They talk about how hard trainee life was, and how they bonded through the struggle of it.
- They talk about the differences in their on and off stage personas.
- Yeosang talks abot overcoming his shyness.
- They discuss fame and success:
+ Hongjoong: “I don’t think we’re famous yet. We feel that many love us, but is that being famous?”
+ Wooyoung: “I don’t think we need awards to be recognised. But there are awards many senior artists have received and we practice hard thinking it’d be great if we could win those”.
+ Jongho: “I don’t want our success determined by how many albums we sold or views. This is something we began because we like it”.
+ San: “As we grow with each release, I think, more than any other award, that will be the biggest reward”.
Read full interview at Dazed.
How Bold Beauty Choices Set Rookie Group ATEEZ Apart in the K-Pop World
- They talk about how hair and make-up are important since their music and dancing are copceptual.
- Seonghwa takes part in the concepts for his own make-up.
- Jongho is learning how to style hair from their stylists.
- Hongjoong explains how he now has fully grown his mullet and how it is a problem in performances (OP disapproves of this mullet praising.)
- They talk about their hair color changes and what they want to try in the future.
- They talk about skin care and mention how Wooyoung is blessed with perfect skin.
- They discuss Hongjoong's painted nails in support of the Polished Man campaign.
Read full article at Allure.
Get To Know ATEEZ: The New K-Pop Band Thinking Equal Parts About America And Korea
- Their tour has sould-out all their five US shows and ten Europe shows.
- The demand for the shows ended up being so high that the venues seemed to be too tiny.
- They talk about visiting L.A. and Millennium Dance Complex again as a debuted group.
- They talk about having the internatinal market in mind since pre-debut, but also not forgetting about the Korean market.
- They talk about their future goals. "[...] long term-wise, our goal is that when you search "A" on the search engine like Google or Naver that ATEEZ is the first result—better
than Apple! [Laughs]"
- They talk about their involment in their music.
- They share what they think is special about each member.
Read full interview at Forbes.
Watch How They Move: ATEEZ are Making Their Mark On K-Pop
-They say they are like a rainbow.
- Hongjoong talks about producing music young people can relate to.
- Hongjoong thinks it's important to make music with a message. The first song he wrote was about wanting to be a good person to honor his late grandmother.
- They explain the concept for their current era. "We want people to know they have their own treasure — dreams, family, friends."
- They share their goals for the year. They are set on winning a performance and/or rookie award.
Read full article at MTV.
Sources: Billboard, Dazed, Allure, Forbes, MTV
I'm still impressed by the amount of attention/success they are getting. I find it really surprising and interesting that some of them are taking part/interest in their make up and styling.