IYA. (rockerista03) wrote in omonatheydidnt,
IYA.
rockerista03
omonatheydidnt

Burning Sons news round-up (26/04/2019)

Yoo In Suk admits there was mediation of prostitution in 2015, Seungri denies all knowledge

In an exclusive report from Chosun.com on April 24, it was revealed that Yoo In Suk — the former CEO of Yuri Holdings and Seungri’s business partner — admitted to police that prostitutes were called for a Japanese investor [in December 2015] and that there was payment for sexual services rendered.

Seungri and Yoo In Suk were both called in for questioning by the police on April 23 regarding suspicions of them mediating prostitution. Specifically, they were questioned about the Japanese investor and his accompanying party of seven to nine that visited Korea in December 2015.

Prior to April 23, both Seungri and Yoo In Suk maintained that there was no provision of prostitution services. However, when police showed Yoo In Suk records of a transaction between him and a woman who manages prostitutes, he said “I’m sorry” and admitted to the allegations.

Seungri is maintaining that he was not involved in any prostitution mediation. When police stated that Seungri paid (30 million won; approximately $25,900) for the hotel where the investor was hosted with prostitutes with a YG Entertainment company card, Seungri acknowledged doing so, but said, “It wasn’t to provide prostitution services.” He explained that he received good hospitality from the investor while abroad and that he wanted to return the favor by paying for his stay in Korea. He said, “I didn’t know there was any prostitution.”

A source from YG responded to reports of Seungri using a company card to pay for the Japanese investor’s hotel, saying, “Personal expenses [put on the card] not related to Seungri’s work were paid by Seungri.”

Meanwhile, police are still investigating whether there was prostitution at Seungri’s birthday party in Palawan in December 2017. A source from Seungri’s side previously stated that the payment to the female escorts was solely for travel expenses, and the escorts corroborated, saying that any sexual activity was voluntary and that they were only paid for travel expenses.

17 women booked for prostitution in relation to suspicions of Seungri's mediation with Japanese businessmen

The police have booked 17 women for prostitution charges that may be linked to Seungri.

Seungri has been suspected of mediating prostitution services in instances including for a foreign investor at Club Arena in 2015, for Japanese investors at a Christmas party in 2015, and at his birthday party in Palawan in 2017.

On April 25, an official at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency said, “We investigated and booked 17 women involved in prostitution. Most of them have admitted to the prostitution charges. Of the 17 women who were booked, some were brought in on charges of prostitution and some were for prostitution mediation.”

All the women booked so far are said to be involved in allegations that Seungri mediated sexual favors for Japanese investors.

In an exclusive report from Chosun.com, it was revealed that Yoo In Suk — the former CEO of Yuri Holdings and Seungri’s business partner — admitted to police that prostitutes were called for a Japanese investor (in December 2015) and that there was a payment made for sexual services.

The police are said to have questioned 12 officials, including two from an agency that organized the Palawan birthday party and related events, and questioned 27 others regarding the Japanese investors’ visit to Korea. Yoo In Suk and Seungri were called four times each for the alleged prostitution ring.

Meanwhile, it has also been reported the trips taken by Jung Joon Young, Choi Jong Hoon, Seungri, and more may have led to criminal activity.

Choi Jong Hoon banned from leaving the country + to be called in for questioning on sexual assault charges

Choi Jong Hoon is no longer allowed to leave the country as investigations continue into various allegations.

YTN reported that the police had recently requested a prohibition of departure against Choi Jong Hoon, and their request was accepted on April 25. According to the reporting, all participants of the controversial group chatroom that is being investigated are now prohibited from leaving the country.

The request was filed against Choi Jong Hoon as he is considered a flight risk as the investigation into two different allegations of sexual assault continue. The first is alleged to have taken place in January 2016 with Choi Jong Hoon, Jung Joon Young, and an employee of Burning Sun in Gangwon Province, and the second is said to have taken place two months later in March 2016 in Daegu.

Choi Jong Hoon had previously been under investigation for hidden camera footage and bribery charges, and the added charges of sexual assault have led to the police requesting that he be banned from leaving the country due to the gravity of the charges.

The police is said to have finished questioning the victims of both incidents, and they plan to bring in Choi Jong Hoon, Jung Joon Young, and other members of the group chatroom for additional questioning.

Source: News Chosun, Naver (1, 2, 3) via Soompi (1, 2, 3)
Tags: burning sons, crime, ex-group members, f.t island, seungri, sexual harassment / sexual assault, yg entertainment
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 4 comments