Yang Hyun-suk, former CEO and chief producer of YG Entertainment, comes out of a police agency on 27 June 2019 in Seoul after undergoing questioning over allegations that he arranged sex services for foreign investors. (Pool photo)(PHOTO NOT FOR SALE)(Yonhap)
SEOUL, June 27 (Yonhap) -- Yang Hyun-suk, former CEO and chief producer of YG Entertainment, returned home Thursday after he underwent an hourslong probe by police over allegations that he arranged sex services for foreign investors.
Police called in Yang on Wednesday to look into allegations that he treated potential foreign investors at a posh restaurant in Seoul and arranged sex services for them in 2014. Yang was summoned for the investigation but not a suspect.
Yang has flatly denied the allegations.
In a related probe, police investigated K-pop star Psy earlier this week as he was cited as one of the singers who allegedly were at the scene of the sex services.
The probe into Yang came as big-name artists from YG Entertainment have been embroiled in a series of scandals, including drug allegations.
Yang resigned from the top post at the company earlier this month, giving up his control of South Korea's third-biggest listed K-pop label.
B.I, the songwriting leader of K-pop boy band iKON, one of the promising boy bands under YG, left the band earlier this month on allegations that he bought prohibited drugs three years ago.
He was the second YG artist engulfed in a drug-related issue this year. In March, Seungri was dispelled from boy band BIGBANG and the talent agency after a nightclub associated with him came under investigation over drug use and sexual abuse. His case was referred to the prosecution Tuesday on embezzlement and pimping charges.
(On Newspim via Nate)
1. [+381, -8] Everyone already knows what he looks like, so...
2. [+288, -4] Even Seungri confidently stood up at the photo line, why is he covering his face if he's innocent like he claims? tsk
3. [+230, -7] I can already tell who he is by his hat ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+30, -4] Teddy and Yang Hyun Suk are always wearing hats, someone should check under it in case there's drugs in there
5. [+26, -7] Worth less than a pig
6. [+25, -4] As if we wouldn't know who he is under that hat! Why is he even covering his face with a mask if he's innocent?
7. [+21, -4] He'll never take that hat off ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+16, -4] This is all just a show. We'll hear news later that he's innocent. They're all in it together.
9. [+11, -0] Yang Hyun Suk was so adamant about controlling Seungri and now we know the reason why ㅋㅋㅋㅋ totally tainted his life over him
10. [+8, -0] He should learn how to deal with this from Seungri. Dress in a suit, put on a smirk, and stare straight ahead at the photo line. How is Seungri better at this than you? tsk tsk
11. [+7, -0] Soon he might show up in a wheelchair ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(On Star News via Nate)
1. [+103, -5] There's a reason Seo Taiji cut ties with him nice and early
2. [+84, -6] This is such a joke ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+64, -4] Reminds me of when Seungri went to go to the gym right after. Who knows, they're probably cooking up another nightclub idea... The laws need to punish them stronger so they don't think of pulling something like this again. How laughable must they think of our country's legal system to just get out of everything with money? Since when was our country so lenient with drug use?
4. [+19, -4] Probably enjoyed a nice hot dinner inside before being sent home
5. [+19, -6] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is there a point in covering his face now?? Is there anyone in this world who doesn't know what he looks like?? And why keep his signature hat on if he's going to cover his face ㅋㅋ why aren't guys like him ever the ones who end up with cancer???!!!
6. [+19, -5] He looks like he had a nice nap inside
7. [+13, -0] A nine hour investigation? They probably brought him coffee while he took a break on the sofa the entire time
8. [+13, -1] This was probably a meeting with the police on how much they want to be paid more than an investigation. The police are just as involved in this as he is..
9. [+6, -0] Imagine if he had picked Jang Hyunseung instead of Seungri 10 years ago, he wouldn't bein this mess ㅋㅋ Hyunseung's looking a lot better right now, isn't he, tsk tsk
10. [+3, -0] How can his wife stand him? ㅋㅋ She should just file for divorce and live comfortably off of the settlement. She's still young enough to.
Source: Yonhap News, Nate (1, 2) via NB