On August 20, Ku Hye Sun’s legal representative released her first official statement about her divorce.
On August 18, Ku Hye Sun took to Instagram to share that Ahn Jae Hyun wanted a divorce. She subsequently shared screenshots of text messages (now deleted) between the couple, disagreeing about their divorce. Later that day, HB Entertainment (who represents both actors) released an official statement about the divorce, which Ku Hye Su denied on Instagram. HB Entertainment also recently announced they would be taking legal action against false rumors related to the divorce.
Ku Hye Sun is represented by lawyer Jung Kyung Suk from the law firm LIWU Law Group. The following is the official statement that the lawyer released:
As a law firm and Ku Hye Sun’s legal representatives, we are stating Ku Hye Sun’s official position on the issue of her divorce with Ahn Jae Hyun through this press release.
First, we would like to convey Ku Hye Sun’s regret at causing concern and worry to the fans who have watched over her entertainment career and her marriage.
While Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun have “discussed” their divorce, they never fully “agreed” to divorce. Currently, she has no desire to divorce, and we would like to clarify that there are no exterior causes for the marriage breakdown. A draft of the divorce agreement has gone back and forth between the two, but the document has never been signed and sealed.
Just as Ku Hye Sun herself revealed, it is true that she took steps to discuss divorce after receiving stress from Ahn Jae Hyun’s lack of interest in their marriage, his betrayal of her trust, and his frequent and intimate calls with other women while in a state of inebriation. However, after Ku Hye Sun’s mother received a psychological shock and her state of health worsened, and out of a desire to protect her family life, Ku Hye Sun stated clearly on Instagram that she has no desire for divorce. Her current feelings about her mother and her family have not changed.
Therefore, articles about Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun’s divorce being mutually agreed upon are completely false and without basis.
Moreover, Ku Hye Sun is no longer able to trust her agency, who one-sidedly managed their artist’s private life, and has confirmed that she can no longer work with them. We hope to terminate her exclusive contract with them as soon as possible. If her agency does not cooperate, then there will be no choice but to take legal action.
We hope that there will be no more speculative articles without any evidence published about Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun’s divorce.
Ku Hye Sun once again conveys her regret at causing the public concern through her private affairs, and we will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
[Netizen comments][+11,429, -188] So he frequently met with a number of women and drank together but she still wants to stay ㅋㅋㅋ
[+6,977, 191] He frequently met with a number of women? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He needs to just quietly retire to the mountains.
[+5,278, -161] For your happiness it's better to just divorce. Goo Hye Sun...cheer up.
[+4,494, -150] Wow so that's why he wanted a divorce. Goo Hye Sun is a saint...what is it about him that you like so much? Just divorce him.
[+3,123, -400] Let's not be nice to men anymore. They're just backstabbers.
[+1,077, -13] Now I understand Goo Hye Sun. I don't want to be a divorcee so I'm just not going to divorce you ㅋㅋㅋ
[+1,096, -116] But Goo Hye Sun is also strange. Why would you want to hold onto a man that cheated on you. You're no different than him. You regret getting married early right? He didn't' have much at the time so he had a lot to gain so you want to play more right? That way he won't go to another woman ㅋㅋ
[+852, -13] Jung Joon Young's best friend.
[+798, -13] I'm sure the agency CEO is also trash.
[+704, -10] Just divorce. The agency has also taken his side. I think it's going to be lonely if you stay in this marriage.
1. [+2,166, -90] "Frequent and intimate contact with a variety of women"...? Hmm..?
2. [+1,619, -45] Looks like this isn't something to end quickly and easily. For one side to not comply with the divorce makes me want to hear Ahn Jae Hyun's side of things..
3. [+1,423, -277] I feel bad for her. I hope she gets what she needs before ending the marriage. She won't achieve any happiness by not complying with the divorce when the relationship has been dragged to where it is now. She has the opportunity to be happier after this, no point in holding on. I feel bad for her.
Ahn Jae Hyun Speaks Up About Divorce With Ku Hye Sun + Reveals He Was Treated For Depression After Marriage
Ahn Jae Hyun has personally opened up about his marriage with Ku Hye Sun.
On August 21, the actor took to Instagram to share his side of the story about the impending divorce. In his message, Ahn Jae Hyun explained that he had decided to speak up after Ku Hye Sun’s attorney falsely accused him of contacting other women while inebriated, and he also clarified that he had not badmouthed his wife to their agency’s CEO, as she had claimed in a previous Instagram post (which she has since deleted).
Repeatedly asserting that Ku Hye Sun had “distorted the truth,” Ahn Jae Hyun went on to explain the circumstances by which Ku Hye Sun had seen his text messages. The actor shared that the couple had been living apart and that after they agreed to get a divorce, “[Ku Hye Sun] lied to the security guard at the apartment building where I was living alone that she had lost her key, and after receiving a spare key, entered my apartment. She told me, ‘It’s not trespassing; I entered because I’m your wife,’ and she began going through my cell phone and making recordings. I was asleep at the time, and I was extremely shocked and frightened by her behavior.”
Ahn Jae Hyun also shared that he has already paid Ku Hye Sun the full settlement amount that she demanded, but that she has since made additional requests, forcing him to get a loan and sell his home. Additionally, he revealed that he has been undergoing treatment for depression after getting married and is currently on medication.
Ahn Jae Hyun’s full message is as follows:
This is Ahn Jae Hyun. I’m very sorry for causing a stir with my personal matters. I loved Ku Hye Sun very much and married her while respecting her. Because both of us are public figures, I sincerely hoped that all of this would be settled quietly. So even when faced with the abrupt, unexpected announcement and release of information, I remained silent and tried to endure it quietly. However, getting rid of the context from before and after the situation and revealing only partial fragments has distorted the truth, which is hurting the people around me. After suffering the slander that I contacted other women while in a state of inebriation, I could not remain silent any longer, so I decided to write this message.
Although the past three years of our married life, which we began because we liked each other, were happy at times, it was also a time that was very taxing for me mentally. Although we made efforts to improve our relationship, it was not easy at all for us to close the distance between us. Finally, because we were unable to reconcile our differences, we agreed to separate, and so that she could live comfortably with her five pets, I ended up being the one to move out of our home. Afterwards, on July 30, at the end of continuous conversations [about the matter], Ku Hye Sun and I agreed to divorce.
I paid the full divorce settlement amount that Ku Hye Sun personally calculated and decided. In Ku Hye Sun’s statement [the breakdown of the amount of money she was requesting], she even included things like a daily charge for her share of the housework and the donation that she made to charity at the time of our marriage. I fully agreed to her demands. However, my reason for doing so was not because I was the one at fault for our marriage falling apart, but because I wanted to financially help my wife that I had loved. But a few days later, Ku Hye Sun claimed that the amount we had initially agreed upon was insufficient, and she requested ownership of the apartment in which we lived together.
After that, I notified our agency of the fact that we were divorcing, and on August 8, we met with our CEO, who attempted to talk us out of it and persuaded us to consider the timing. However, my feelings about the divorce did not change.
On the night of August 9, [Ku Hye Sun] lied to the security guard at the apartment building where I was living alone that she had lost her key, and after receiving a spare key, entered my apartment. She told me, ‘It’s not trespassing; I entered because I’m your wife,’ and she began going through my cell phone and making recordings. I was asleep at the time, and I was extremely shocked and frightened by her behavior.
While looking at my text messages on my cell phone, there was a message in which our CEO, after meeting with both of us, asked about one aspect of our stories that didn’t match up ([Ku Hye Sun] claimed that she hadn’t asked for our apartment, saying that she had no right to the ownership and that she had no reason to request it), and I responded. I did not say anything bad about her. That night, I had the thought that continuing our marriage any longer would only hurt both of us more, and I became even more certain about getting a divorce.
A few days later, [Ku Hye Sun] contacted me to say that she wanted a divorce immediately. She had hired a lawyer, and she sent me a divorce agreement and a press statement, and she told me to get a lawyer as well since she was planning on filing with the court on [August] 28.
Because she was making additional requests, I had to get a loan, and I had to sell my home, and I had no choice but to inform our agency of everything. This was not to involve our agency in our personal matters, but because, as an actor under the agency, I needed to let them know about what would be happening in the future.
After getting married, for the past one year and four months, I have been receiving psychiatric treatment and am currently taking antidepressants. During my married life, I did my utmost as a husband, and I have never done anything that I was ashamed of.
I saw [Ku Hye Sun’s] words that she wanted to remain married. After seeing her hurt other people by distorting what we agreed on together after our long conversations, and seeing her continuously distort the truth with her words, all I could think was that now, even more than before, I don’t think I can continue with this marriage.
I am deeply, deeply sorry to our agency, who has suffered damage because of our personal matters; to the “My Ugly Duckling” staff, who suffered damage on the day of their broadcast; and to the crew of my drama. I am ashamed, and I want nothing more than to apologize. And I feel sorry for my wife, who must be suffering emotionally as she goes about this kind of behavior. But it’s difficult for me to understand [these actions]. Since these things happened because I was unable to smoothly take care of my personal matters [in private], I sincerely apologize. I’m sorry.
1. [+1,486, -260] I think all they need to do is release the Katalk conversation with the CEO. It is weird that she trespassed into his home but maybe she did that because it was the only way she could get evidence...
2. [+1,440, -181] Release your Katalk with your CEO
3. [+1,161, -41] Wow, talk about a muddy fight... what is going on... people are scary..
4. [+162, -55] Wow, so he spent half his marriage with her getting psych counseling while acting all lovey dovey on TV like Goo-nim~ when he hated her to the point of getting a mental illness in real life... goosebumps to think he was acting all for his image...
1. [+634, -161] But I guess it's true that he did have a change of heart
2. [+581, -217] Wait, so he left their newlywed home so she could live comfortably with their dogs??? ㅋㅋㅋ That's kind of funny?
3. [+567, -62] This is worse than I thought... I never even imagined it would've been like this. Talk about chaos and confusion.
1. [+5,476, -244] At this point, I'm just wondering what Goo Hye Sun will say next ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ these two really are daebak
2. [+4,710, -486] Why is Goo Hye Sun asking for her charity donation back in their settlement money... and look how nobody's making a big deal out of her trespassing into his home. Imagine if a man had trespassed into a woman's home? It'd be a way bigger deal than it is now.
3. [+3,496, -838] I can feel from his words that he is being respectful and considerate of her. It's written objectively. However, in Goo Hye Sun's post, you have to read it twice to even get what she's saying because her words don't add up (like, she wants to maintain their marriage but her husband is trash??)
4. [+2,638, -291] I don't think people are going to believe anything until he releases his Katalk conversations
5. [+1,283, -104] So he's been on depression medication for 1 year and 4 months, which means his feelings for her were already fading at that point... why did he make her move her agency to his...? I'm not on anyone's side but I don't think their stories are adding up.
6. [+1,391, -388] Why do I feel like his side of the story makes more sense?
Ku Hye Sun Responds To Ahn Jae Hyun’s Message About Divorce
Ku Hye Sun has personally responded to Ahn Jae Hyun’s message about their divorce.
On August 21, Ahn Jae Hyun spoke up about the couple’s marriage and shared his side of the story for the first time. Shortly after the actor posted his message, in which he opened up about their marital troubles, Ku Hye Sun took to Instagram to respond directly to his post.
Ku Hye Sun’s full message is as follows:
Hello. This is Ku Hye Sun. I ended up writing this message after seeing the message posted by Ahn Jae Hyun. I want to explain the part about my receiving the settlement money. The donation part of the settlement amount. This is referring to the full amount we donated instead of holding a wedding, and because all of that was paid for by Ku Hye Sun, I asked for half of the amount back. The interior decorations for Ahn Jae Hyun’s current home were also paid for by Ku Hye Sun, and because Ku Hye Sun was the one who did 100% of the housework, I demanded and received 30,000 won [approximately $25] a day in labor wages for the past three years… this was not a divorce settlement amount.
Because one of my dogs passed away, I became depressed first, and it was me who introduced my husband to the psychiatrist that I had seen in the past. After gradually recovering, my husband started enjoying alcohol, and I saw him talking to women over the phone while drunk with my own two eyes, and I heard it with my own two ears. I advised him to refrain, since it could cause misunderstandings, but we simply ended up fighting often because of it, and their confidential conversations ultimately became a domain of which I know nothing.
On my husband’s birthday, he said he wanted to eat beef-and-radish soup, so I prepared it from early in the morning, but he only had one or two spoonfuls and didn’t finish the rest. Seeing him then go out for a birthday party with other people, I knew that his heart was truly no longer in [this marriage]. Still, I was grateful to [Ahn Jae Hyun’s] mother for giving birth to him, so when I heard that she didn’t have an air conditioner, I got her one, and I also got her a washing machine and a refrigerator.
[Ahn Jae Hyun] did not move into his separate apartment for the sake of our separation; instead, I allowed him to do so because he said he wished to focus on his acting. So I had the right to enter that apartment. Apart from that, regarding the matter of my asking him for ownership of our home, [Ahn Jae Hyun] did not spend much time at home even before our separation, so I told him, “If I’m going to live alone like this, give me the house.” So he told me that he’d give me our home in Yongin if we divorced, and I agreed. Since then, my husband has been talking incessantly about divorce.
What did I do wrong? When I asked, he told me that I’m not sexy, and my husband kept saying that he wanted to divorce me no matter what because I have unsexy nipples. Even while we were living together, my husband sometimes loudly played YouTube broadcasts that men in a marriage rut might listen to before falling asleep… I was a ghost that lived in our home.
The woman you once loved so much has become a zombie. Even now.
[Netizen comments]1. [+537, -30] What does he mean by "a n*pple that doesn't look sexy"?
2. [+521, -30] Is this real life;;;;
3. [+515, -36] Sigh, I hate that I thought of her as weird for even a second after reading Ahn Jae Hyun's post... what he said to her last... I can't imagine how embarrassed she must've felt as a woman
4. [+396, -42] He's Jung Jun Young's friend alright
5. [+357, -27] What Ahn Jae Hyun wrote could never have come out of his own brain. It was written too well for that. Don't forget that he's close friends with Jung Jun Young.
6. [+314, -13] I'm a total stranger and hearing that makes me feel so s*xually harassed and embarrassed. "Your n*pples aren't sexy"... Ahn Jae Hyun is cheap trash.
7. [+298, -18] Hul, daebak, I think Goo Hye Sun is right. As a woman, I can understand how lonely she must've felt, what must've been going through her head. The fact that she's willing to release all this embarrassing stuff feels like a cry for help.
8. [+262, -8] Wow.. seriously.. imagine how she must've been hurt for her to even reveal all of this as a celebrity... image is so important in her career..
9. [+247, -11] You fool, how dare you say something like that to your wife? Even I feel like tearing up just hearing that. You're nothing but trash.
10. [+232, -8] Ah.... I can feel Goo Hye Sun's desperation... having to release so much explicit information to explain her situation... I feel so sad for her as a woman...
11. [+222, -13] Ahn Jae Hyun's gaslighting is no joke... he's so cruel...
12. [+205, -11] I'm so shocked that he said that to her. He acted like such romantist on TV only to treat her like that off camera.
source: soompi 1 2 3, naver 1 2 3, dailynaver 1, netizenbuzz 1 2 3, nate 1 2 3 4, aagbanjh, kookoo900