~This episode focused on the girls’ beginnings and backgrounds.
+ Also just an FYI, with YouTube Premium you can watch all 8 episodes already. YT does offer a free 30 day trial, so if you wanna use it for this and instantly cancel, you can still have access to the 8 episodes early for 30 days - as many ONCEs are doing lol. Sorry Youtube Premium.
If you did watch the whole series, I just ask you use a spoiler cut, if you discuss anything from another episode! Just in case people watching it weekly don’t want to be spoiled, thanks!
* * *
Quick Recap of Episode 1:
[Spoiler (click to open)]
- JYP’s concept for Twice was ‘healthy’, meaning the members represent a healthy mind, and are growing up ethically, diligently, and sincerely (....also gotta be attractive)
- Nayeon has a love for stage performing that she discovered early on
- Jeongyeon was put into cardio classes as a kid. She got into the dance portions of the classes, and would show off her talents to her supportive grandmother. She lived with her grandmother since her parents worked a lot.
- Sana too was inspired by wanting her grandmother to see her perform on TV
- Chaeyoung was a cutie as a kid, people told her she should be famous lol
- Tzuyu and Mina are similar in they saw a career opportunity in another country and their parents supported their decision to travel. Mina had to do a lot of convincing though, as her parents opposed to the idea at first.
- The girls had to sacrifice some of the normal school girl life like hanging out after school to train
- They discuss the hardships of being away from family. Sana mentions her mom didn’t want to show Sana she was missing her, since she knew Sana would be very worried. She sees how nervous her mom was now, sending off her child to another country to pursue her dream
- Jeongyeon’s grandmother passed away before their debut, so she never got to see her perform in Twice. :((( I’m sure she’s very proud!!
- Momo’s dad is a Jihyo fan, and her mom is sweet and says she likes all the members lol.