Former YG Entertainment chief producer Yang Hyun Suk (51) will undergo formal trial.
According the Seoul Western District Court on the 21st, the court in charge of the summary indictment case referred 4 people including Yang Hyun Suk to formal trial on the 16th. Yang Hyun Suk will undergo trial as sole criminal suspect presided over by Judge Park Soo-hyun.
A "summary indictment" is a procedure in which prosecutors ask for a fine to be imposed on a written hearing instead of formal trial but if a party or court raises an objection, the case will be handed over to a formal trial.
The prosecution issued a summary indictment (fine) on Yang Hyun Suk's charges believing his case was a simple gambling charge but it appears the case has proceeded to a formal trial.
Yang Hyun Suk is accused of illegally gambling at a Las Vegas casino seven times from July 2015 to January 2019. He gambled a total of $335,460 (about 388 million won) with acquaintances.
The first trial is set for August 14th.
1. [+312, -4] Turns out the prosecution was looking out for Yang Hyun Suk after allㅋ
2. [+156, -2] He has the temperament of a sheep's teeth so if they shake him a little a lot of things will come out
3. [+76, -40] Yang Hyun Suk is not guilty because he didn't do anything wrong..
4. [+57, -12] Wasted billions of won gambling...he could've spent that money helping kids with heart problems or the disadvantaged but he spent it all in a place like that
5. [+43, -14] Seo Taiji must be cursing his dirty face right now..
6. [+15, -1] Seungri???
7. [+11, -3] You're innocent if you're a friend of mineㅋ
8. [+9, -1] He was acting so proud and arrogant..when he lacked power like this? Who's the real power head behind Burning Sun then?
9. [+9, -1] He must've just thrown in the towel or gotten thrown out...just when things were winding down he decides to heat it all up again out of the blue?ㅋ
10. [+9, -1] Druggie
Source: Naver (1, 2) via Daily Naver, @dailynaver
Avoid Twitter today if you can. The stans are at it today.