Koreana Hotel President Bang Yong-hoon and former TV Chosun CEO Bang Jeong-oh will attend trial as witnesses at the trial of the late Jang Ja Yeon's former agency CEO Kim Mo.
On the 6th, Byun Min-sun, a senior judge at the Seoul Central District Court held a series of hearings against the former agency CEO Kim Mo (51) for perjury. The judge accepted Kim's request to provide witnesses and he chose the Korean Hotel President and TV Chosun CEO who will be questioned at a hearing scheduled at 4pm on the 11th of next month.
Kim Mo attended trial in November 2012 as a witness for defamation charges against Lee Jong-gul, a Democratic Party lawmaker, and falsely testified that "he didn't know about any personnel of the Chosun Ilbo and nor was he present at the drinking party in question." The prosecution believes Kim introduced Jang Ja Yeon to TV Chosun CEO Bang who he had met in October 2008. Kim also stated that he had never assaulted Jang Ja-yeon or any other celebrities.
Earlier in May 2019, the prosecution's past affairs committee under the Ministry of Justice announced results of its investigation into the late "Jang Ja-yeon list" and recommended that the prosecution investigate Kim Mo on charges of perjury. Prosecutors indicted Kim without detention on charges of giving false testimony with his past statements after investigations into various witnesses.
However, charges of whether he forced sexual favors on the late Jang Ja-yeon were not included in the indictment as the statute of limitations had expired.
Male: 73% ; Female: 27%
Age Range: 10s - 0%; 20s - 1%; 30s - 14%; 40s - 38%; 50s - 36%; 60s and above - 12%
1. [+290, -16] The Chosun Ilbo needs to be shamed!!
2. [+163, -5] How's that granddaughter of the chauffeur [driver] over there doing these days?
3. [+142, -15] This is a world of dogs where bbk, Jang Ja Yeon and Kim Hak-eui got buried with just a few words...how is this still a democratic government?
4. [+78, -1] Wow와~우~~ is it time to cover up the truth again?
5. [+14, -0] Aren't they the ones that met privately with the prosecutor general? This is not Joseon era...you can't cover the sky.
6. [+13, -0] Everyone knows Chosun Ilbo bribed the prosecution, police and the judiciary to look the other way and not investigate...let's stop this show please.
7. [+10, -0] Please investigate and reveal Bang Yong-hoon's wife's "suicide" too!!
8. [+5, -1] Why is Yoon Ji-oh not in jail yet?
9. [+3, -0] Which prosecutor is left to investigate the corruption of the Bang family? Is there any decent Korean prosecutor left? ㅜㅜ
10. [+2, -0] It looks like Chosun Ilbo will call up the prosecutor general for a drink tooㅋㅋ.
Source: @dailynaver, Naver via Daily Naver