It has been confirmed that Soojin's exit from (G)I-dle had already been finalized.
According to multiple entertainment officials, Cube Entertainment had already confirmed Soojin's decision to leave when her school violence controversy was heating up but waited until the 14th to announce her exit from the group.
Soojin's withdrawal was for the sake of the group's activities because her scandal cast dark clouds over the group and the members could no longer comfortably promote. Also, when Soojin refuted alleged bullying by actress Seo Shin-ae and asked her to "clarify her statements", the controversy got even worse after the actress directly exposed her bullying.
Because (G)I-dle is Cube's main money-making group, the members and the agency all agreed that they could no longer suspend activities because of Soojin's controversy.
In the meantime, Cube has already filed lawsuits against netizens that exposed Soojin's bullying. Cube stated at the time, "claims of school violence by Soojin are not true and we will take strong legal action and criminal charges against those recklessly posting information for malicious purposes."
Soojin's fans terrorize actress Seo Shin-ae with hate comments and promise "retaliation"
Fans are responding to Soojin's exit from (G)I-DLE with malicious comments.
On the 14th, after Cube announced that "Soojin decided to leave and group will continue as five," the news spread and fans flocked to victims SNS that first raised suspicions of her bullying.
Fans visited victim's sister's Instagram that was exposed through online communities and wrote, "we lost someone we love too," "we won't let you go," "you too will get what's coming."
Fans also left comments on actress Seo Shin-ae's YouTube and wrote, "You ruined someone else's life and you're living comfortably," "You won't succeed," "You are the reason why Soojin left the group,", "We won't forget," "Disgusting." The also left comments in English and Thai and wrote, "Don't think you'll be able to live normally after exposing others."
Some fans even sent malicious photos through Instagram DM's on along with abusive language.
1. [+11,732, -31] Like idol, like fan ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+3,037, -24] Bullying needs to be eradicated. Honestly, none of us can know how they feel but I can only how disgusting they must feel seeing their bullies on TV acting kind and nice.
3. [+1,629, -29] I hope they realize that threatening victims with violence makes them no different than a bully too. Make sure you find them and hit them with jail!
4. [+1,244, -17] As expected of fans of such an idol
5. [+582, -9] Soojin-ah, are you seeing this??? You're so selfish and cruel until the end. I'm ashamed to have ever been classmates with you. Because of you, our middle school's name has been tainted. Whenever I tell people I graduated from there, they all talk about you. You probably thought it'll all work out in the end because things got quiet right..? Everyone but your friends remembers that you were a bully. You're so pathetic and dirty. If you would've just admitted it and apologized from the start, you could've gone on hiatus and eventually came back . You threw away your own chance. You have no shame so don't think you were wronged here. You chose this. You reap what you sow...
6. [+329, -1] Tsk tskㅎㅎㅎtheir fans are showing exactly why idols that bully should be buried from society...
7. [+266, -3] Wow, the world has gotten nicer if someone with looks like hers can become a celebrity with fans...
8. [+236, -1] Gangster b**** and her iljin fans
Source: Naver via Daily Naver, Naver via Daily Naver